ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, North Carolina, is seeking a collaborative, ethical and empathetic Reporter who loves to dig and enterprise lead stories.
We want a self-starter and storyteller who can work effectively with a wide range of personnel to create compelling content on all platforms. Candidates must have a passion for uncovering and reporting the facts, and with integrity above all else. The Reporter must be a dynamic communicator and strong leader with the ability to authentically engage and connect with a diverse audience. The person will have the ability to move the audience between linear and digital platforms. The Reporter will participate in the editorial decision-making process as it relates to story assignments, sourcing subjects featured in stories and developing community relationships to expand the diversity of voices in our storytelling.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record and generate impactful content by uncovering stories through investigation and research. We want a team player who can turn visually creative, memorable stories that provide context and perspective.Responsibilities :
Basic Qualifications :
- Offer creative and innovative ideas for elevated storytelling
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the community, which includes representing the station and participating at various community events
- Inspires with humility and inclusive behaviors
- Ability to shoot visual content, report, write, edit and produce stories on deadline for multiple platforms, such as linear, digital and social platforms
- Excellent writing skills, possess solid news judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Superior on-camera presentation
Required Education :
- A minimum of three years experience preferred
Preferred Education :
- High school diploma or equivalent
Additional Information :
- A college degree or equivalent