Description About this role Your team
The Marketing team at BlackRock is a dynamic, global function that plays a critical role in helping drive many of the firm's most urgent cross-functional initiatives. Together with our partners (both internal and external), we create the conditions that maximize business outcomes for the firm.
We specialize in a diverse range of functions to provide robust campaigns, advertising, communications, training, investment & educational material, and events, all supported by global centers of excellence spanning content strategy, creative, research & analytics, and digital platforms & experiences. Your role and impact
This role will involve playing a key part in building the BlackRock brand and will focus on growing societal trust through the development and implementation of the global corporate brand strategy. This will include the integration of the foundational 1BLK positioning, threading it through to firm and marketing communications. This person will be a strategic thinker with a passion for marketing and planning and will understand how to connect their work to the pursuit of commercial results and business performance. Your responsibilities
As part of a team of marketing and brand strategists their primary responsibility will be to contribute to the core strategic growth and development plan for the BlackRock brand. This will include:
- Foundational Strategy, Brand Health & Business Integration: As a key stakeholder in the foundational positioning of the brand, including the values, principles and core narrative, the VP of BlackRock corporate brand strategy will work with business stakeholders to ensure that the brand is consistently embedded into the operational day-2-day of the firm across all business units and regions. This will also include ensuring that visual identity, naming, and brand experiences are consistently applied internally and externally.
- Brand Growth & Annual Planning: Building from the global business objectives, and partnering with other marketing and business stakeholders, the VP of BlackRock Corp Brand Strategy will be integral to the global brand growth and development plans. This will include helping to identify and write the global corp brand objectives and the corresponding strategy for delivering on those objectives. This person will also work closely with regional marketing teams to translate the plans into regional and local variations.
- Core Messaging & Proposition Development: Working with internal stakeholders and agency partners, the VP will play a key role in the process to identify global propositions and messaging per recommendations made in annual brand growth plans.
- Identification of Innovation Opportunities: Identifying and testing new and innovative opportunities to build and grow the brand outside of the existing BAU.
- 7+ years of experience as a results-oriented client-side marketer or agency planner
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in developing and executing brand strategies for a global organization and/or client
- A clear understanding of brands and brand marketing
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Application of a strong data and analytics capability to inform strategy and measure marketing effectiveness/ROI
- Experience defining and managing significant marketing budgets
- A strategic mindset of innovation and intellectual curiosity
- Agility, adaptability, and flexibility marketer
- A team-player mentality
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit LinkedIn:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.