Full-time or Part-time - All positions have evening, night, and weekend shifts available to fit any schedule needs. Job Summary
Primary responsibilities include: driving guests to designated locations, assisting guests with luggage, maintaining vehicle cleanliness, and concierge duties. Van Drivers must have strong analytical and navigation skills with the ability to coordinate multiple pick-ups and drop-offs on a schedule under continuously changing circumstances. Drive the van according to scheduled van runs and/or as needed for guests, and accommodate guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.Education & Experience
Job Duties & Functions
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Minimum of one year driving experience
- Must have an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving Record)
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Greet guests' in a pleasant manner.
- Load and unload luggage carts.
- Load and unload van with luggage.
- Escort guests to rooms upon request.
- Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures using luggage tags.
- Open and close cab doors for arriving and departing guests.
- Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
- Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events, and activities.
- Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sport arenas, etc.
- Provide information, maps, and directions as required.
- Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
- Maintain cleanliness of motor entrance, front door and lobby area.
- Deliver flowers, packages and messages to guest rooms.
- Complete room changes.
- Maintain cleanliness of van interior and exterior.
- Drive van as per scheduled runs.
- Answer console to assist guest services agents.
- Show guest rooms and suites as needed and emphasize company amenities.
- Other duties as required
The following outlines the work environment employees will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Frequency Grid N = Not Anticipated: 0% O = Occasionally: 1-33% (per shift) F = Frequently: 34-66% (per shift) C = Constantly: 67-100% (per shift)Work Environment of Job
Associate is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Associate is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
Associate is subject to extreme heat or cold (temperatures below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees) for periods of more than one hour.
Associate is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
Associate is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
Associate is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Associate is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gasses, or poor ventilation.
Associate is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
Associate is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Frequency : N
Associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
None: Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as typical office or administrative work).
Frequency: NPhysical Requirements of Job Climbing:
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Frequency: F Balancing:
Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
Frequency: F Stooping:
Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waist. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Frequency: F Kneeling:
Bending legs at knee to come to rest on one or both knees.
Frequency: F Crouching:
Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg(s) and spine.
Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
Frequency: O Reaching:
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction, particularly for sustained periods of time (typing/using a mouse).
Frequency: C Standing:
Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
Frequency: C Walking:
Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Frequency: C Pushing:
Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Frequency: F Pulling:
Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Frequency: F Finger Dexterity/Grasping:
Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Frequency: O Feeling:
Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Frequency : C Talking:
Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers or guests accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Frequency : C Hearing:
Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive information through oral communication.
Frequency:C Repetitive Motions:
Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Frequency: O Vision:
Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurements devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Frequency: CLifting Lifting:
Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to positions. Frequency :
50+ lbs.Background Check
This job requires a valid drivers' license and motor vehicle background check.
This job requires a criminal background check.General Notes
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, additional details will be specified by the supervisor. The associate will also perform other reasonable business duties as signed by the supervisor.
Management reserves the right to change this job description, job responsibilities, duties, and working hours as needs prevail.
If requested in accordance with applicable law, the Company provides reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified associate with a disability to allow him/her to perform essential functions of the job unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
Avantic Lodging Enterprises is an at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not constitute a written or implied employment contract.