Our Clean Harbors Robinson, IL location has an opening for a Vac Truck Driver/Technician to work at a client facility located in Robinson, IL. The Class A Driver will work at a local customer site; and is responsible for duties associated with industrial/environmental cleaning, hazardous waste pickup/disposal, emergency response, and site remediation while working in all types of weather conditions. This position may require travel away from home up to 50% annually if business requires. Our Class B Driver position is an entry point into an exciting and rewarding career at Clean Harbors. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. This position is known internally as a Insite Chemist.
Job Description: 30% Travel, Vac Truck Driving within plant moving equipment around, Hydro-blasting, working as technician
TWIC Card Required/DOT Card and Physical Required
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive hourly rates based on experience;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Ability to operate the following units: Vacuum Trucks (Cusco/Guzzler), Roll offs, Box Trucks, Tankers and Van trailers;
- Maintain daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports;
- Ensures proper loading and unloading of hazardous waste/non-hazardous waste;
- Properly secures the loads;
- Guarantees placarding of vehicle to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations;
- Maintains daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports.
- Assist with Field Technician duties as required.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel overnight up to 30% annually;
- Class B CDL license REQUIRED;
- Tanker endorsement a plus; Must be willing to obtain endorsement between 30 - 60 days of hire date;
- Ability to obtain Hazmat endorsement;
- Previous experience driving commercial vehicles preferred;
- Previous Vacuum Truck experience a plus;
- Previous Roll-Off Truck experience is an asset;
- Ability to travel and be on call for emergency response!
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
For more information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.