UI/UX Design Engineer
Do you have endless curiosity about how people use technology? We are looking for an enthusiastic User Experience (UX) person to join a team of passionate professionals obsessed with quality, usability, and simplicity. We are expecting intuitive, innovative, and beautiful human experiences led by data-driven processes.
Arrow Electronics, Inc is a Fortune 104 company that helps the world's best technology companies think Five Years Out and work together to innovate. We are a global provider of technology products, services, and solutions, with 2021 sales of $30 billion. Arrow Electronics is currently seeking a UI/UX Design Engineer
to work in our SiliconExpert subsidiary.
The UX team includes a wide range of disciplines including design, interaction, research, code development and analytics. We're organized across multi-disciplinary teams where designers and developers tightly collaborate in exploring, crafting, and validating the user/customer experience. You'll have regular interactions with stakeholders and be capable of being a UX lead for a project team. You are a proactive thinker and eager to learn new skills to develop your career and increase the value of our products. You are comfortable working in an Agile environment as well as other Methodologies, such as Kanban and FDD.
The ideal candidate learns design patterns and strives for UX best practices, a team player and collaborator, as well as having an analytical mind for approaching solving UX problems logically. We are looking for someone who is excited about being part of a team of learners, constantly contributing to the team's collective growth and success.
They will be strong in either visual design and/or front-end engineering technologies, and excited to keep on the forefront of innovations in UI/UX.
A college degree or job pedigree is not as relevant as the skills you can bring to the table and passion you possess. Our work is organized across multi-disciplinary teams where designers and developers tightly collaborate. You should have a strong background in interaction design methodology and implementation and be able to manage daily interactions with engineering, sales, and product management teams.Work You'll Do
- Partner with stakeholders and project team members in extracting user objectives
- Plan, execute, analyze, and report findings for generative and evaluative research studies
- Deliver actionable insights, mockups, wireframes, and code to enhance the human experience for users
- Lead workshops that enable the team to build clarity and alignment, including a design culture of critiques, testing, research, and education
- Work closely with Product Owners, Analysts and QA in an Agile environment to ensure quality, security, and maintenance of applications
- Ensure code meets development standards and guidelines
- A creative portfolio that demonstrates strength in visual design, storytelling, and experience designing/developing modern, usable interactions and UIs
- Superior communication skills. You can contextualize insights and articulate your thoughts clearly to global audiences
- Highly skilled practical knowledge of UX design principles
- Be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence
- Capacity to handle multiple UX disciplines at the same time
- Have a curious, optimistic, and resourceful mindset with superior attention to detail
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of front-end languages (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Advanced work in Design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Zeplin, etc.)
- Ability to create wireframes/prototypes and user journeys (UXPin, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, etc.)
In our multi-disciplined UX team, we desire for an applicant to also possess some of these skills.Desired Qualifications
- Experience documenting design and style guidelines (Atlassian Suite, Git, Digital Asset Managers (DAMs/DSMs) and other collaborative cloud solutions
- Professional experience conducting both generative and evaluative UX research, including qualitative methods such as ethnography, contextual inquiry, and usability testing. Tools may include Hotjar, Qualsights, UserTesting, UserZoom, Maze, etc.
- Experience implementing A/B testing tools (Google Optimize, Adobe Target, Optimizely)
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data through GA/GTM, Excel, or R
- 2+ years of experience creating and maintaining custom front end frameworks (Native SCSS, Bootstrap, LESS, etc.)
- Comfort with and understanding of version control, continuous integration, and deployment tools
- Some Experience with server programming languages and at least one CMS (Java, PHP, .NET, Wordpress, Sitecore, OrchardCMS, etc.)
- Understanding of 508 or WCAG Compliance
- Experience with Email UX, building native templates as well as CRMs (Eloqua, Pardot, Hubspot, etc.)
- 3+ years of shipping products and digital experiences.
- 3+ years of product experience working creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices for complex and large-scale products.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 - 7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Since 2000, SiliconExpert helps you make better data-driven decisions with a human-driven experience. Over 500 electrical, software and data engineers handcraft our component database of more than one billion parts to deliver the most comprehensive and current tools in the industry. Customers globally use our solutions to manage risk, avoid redesigns, and mitigate obsolescence in innovative industries such as consumer electronics, telecommunications, automotive, medical and aerospace. SiliconExpert's customers include: leading commercial and government OEMs, top-tier authorized distributors, contract manufacturers and component suppliers. Whether it's a design engineer or financial expert, supply chain management or procurement manager, SiliconExpert is a complete components data intelligence solution for organizational alignment, efficiency, collaboration, and optimization.Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$85,400.00 - $102,000.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-MA-Cambridge, Massachusetts (Main Street)
Remote work employees may be required to be present at the closest designated Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the Company's request and sole discretion.
Information TechnologyEEO Statement:
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires all new employees in the United States to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning work, except where prohibited by law.