Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
MTD Products Inc and its subsidiaries are wholly owned by Stanley Black & Decker Inc. At MTD Products, we do more than just design, manufacture, market, and sell outdoor power equipment. We are an industry leader driven by a greater purpose to inspire people to care for and enjoy the outdoors. Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD is a global company known for innovation and award-winning lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment for both residential and professional markets. Our family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt®, Robomow®, Rover®, and WOLF-Garten®.What You'll Do:
As a Tool & Die Group Leader, you'll be part of our team located in Willard, OH.
You'll get to:
- Supervise and manage all scheduled and unscheduled die, fixture, and machine repair
- Assist with die repair and other special facility projects
- Coordinate schedules follow up on assignments, and train new apprentices as needed
Who You Are
- Collaborate with facility departments and provide input and direction for production operations
- Identify, maintain, and continue to upgrade all training and educational needs of personnel in the Tool Room
- Maintain all documentation required to establish trends, monitor cost effectiveness, track labor force, and schedule accordingly
- Aggressively reduce rework and scrap to improve profit margin
- Operate lift truck, cranes, welders and other equipment to perform Tool Room duties
- Assist in the selection, qualification, and development of all Tool Room personnel
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it.
You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Possess or will acquire a state approved Tool & Die Journeyman's card within 6 months of receiving the bid.
- A minimum of two years' experience in the Tool Room department is preferred
- Proven strong tooling background in both new tool construction and tool maintenance
- Proven experience with project development and management through successful completion
- Must have a valid lift truck operator license or successfully complete lift truck training
- Ability to develop, implement, or improve preventative maintenance measures
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.