Did you know? Signature Bank has appeared on Forbes' Best Banks in America list for over ten years and was recently selected to become part of the prestigious S&P 500!
Join our winning team! Signature Bank, member FDIC, was founded in 2001 as a full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. In 2018, the Bank expanded its footprint to the West Coast with the opening of its first full-service private client banking office in San Francisco, and we continue to expand! The Bank's growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services. What you should know about the Teller (Jackson Heights) role:
The Teller provides excellent service to clients by assisting them with processing routine financial transactions on a day-to-day basis in accordance with all Bank policy and procedures. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Greet and service clients in a friendly and courteous manner. Answer phones. Provide account information, answer client questions and direct clients appropriately for further assistance as needed
- Process client transactions, including but not limited to, cash and check deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan payments, issue official checks and money orders, transfers, general ledger entries, completion of CTRs etc. accurately and efficiently
- Maintain an adequate cash supply at all times: buying from & selling to the vault as needed ensuring established drawer limits are not exceeded
- Balance cash on hand, transactions processed and negotiable items daily and ensure that totals prove to the figures on record in the computer
- May assist with retrieval and processing of ATM deposits and ATM Settlement
- May assist with retrieval and processing of deposits made to Night Depository
- May input wire transfers
- May sell and purchase foreign currency
- Complete ongoing training as required by Compliance, HR, etc.
- Provide support for the Private Client Groups as needed
- May be asked to assist in alternate Financial Centers
We offer an amazing employee benefit package, including:
- Minimum 1 year previous Teller experience (required)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years of related experience.
- Good mathematical aptitude to facilitate daily balancing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to enter numerical data on computer with speed and accuracy
- Able to respond promptly to client needs, follow through & resolve issues in a pleasant & helpful manner
- Customer service oriented
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task
For those candidates applying to locations within the New York City boroughs:
- A generous BONUS program with eligibility for all employees
- Comprehensive health benefits, including vision and dental options, and huge HSA contributions
- An award winning wellness program, with employee payments in several categories!
- Tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- 401K with company match and immediate vesting
- Pet Insurance
- Parental leaves
- And the list goes on!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, and as mandated by law, all employees are required to show proof of vaccination to be considered for any position with Signature Bank. Where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received the COVID-19 vaccine prior to their start date. Upon commencement of employment, new team members must provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For those candidates applying to locations in San Francisco:
Signature Bank will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and federal laws applicable to Signature Bank.
View available Careers with Signature at
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not sponsor work visas.