Technical Specialist required to work with a Government department. This is an initial 6 month contract, paying £700 a day, inside IR35, predominantly remote working.
We need a range of skilled resources to work collaboratively together to:
- Identify and document the existing landscape for each of the services.
- Help identify our future strategy and scope of the services we may wish to procure moving forwards and produce a roadmap
- Identify and clearly document existing and future user, business, and technical requirements.
- Identify which services may be suitable to consider for insourcing.
- Help draft business cases with options clearly defined and take through governance and approvals
- Identify and document indicative costs, savings and benefits to inform the business cases
- Draft delivery plans clearly showing dependencies
- Draft stakeholder comms and engagement strategy
- Identify and document full exit, transition & implementation strategies along with timelines, costs and dependencies
- Identify alignments to the business and other programmes
- Produce Service Design, Service Architecture and Service Support models
- Identify major risks, issues and dependencies
- Identify GDPR, IA and Security compliances
- Identify Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Produce support documentation & User Guides
As the Lead Technical Specialist for End User Compute Services, you would lead the activity to identify and document our existing landscape but more excitingly, work with our Service Owners and Technical Teams to identify our strategy and requirements moving forwards.
You will have:
- A good understanding of the varying infrastructure technologies, platforms and operational models
- Experience in all aspects of Microsoft 365 services, with focus on AzureAD, Endpoint Manager, Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, Sharepoint
- Experience in driving requirements workshops to understand the customer business and operational outcomes.
- Steer new solutions to a successful outcome where multiple 3rd parties or technical stake holders are involved
- Able to determine where gaps exist in current architectures, people and processes and being proactive in bridging those gaps
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of EUCS infrastructure to best practice.
- Help drive the Product Roadmap for new solutions, services, or products
- Ability to identify and engage the right areas of the business to maximise support for automation initiatives
- Excellent customer facing skills including senior stake holder management
- Managing of internal resources and 3rd parties and their deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of solutions
- To create and manage Statements of Work for mid-contract changes
- To help drive the policies and procedures that contribute to the maintenance of ISO, Data Protection and ITIL based standards/processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Asset and Release Management).
Experience & Responsibilities:
- Enterprise infrastructure experience in End User Environments (10k+ users) with focus on data center infrastructure to support 50k+ users
- Working alongside the Senior Technical Lead and the EUC Service Owner on the discovery/ analysis/ technical review for EUCS contract procurement
- Playing a significant role to the delivery of business projects involving new or updated infrastructure services, including working with both on-premise and Cloud based systems (and a mixture of vendor / internally developed applications) and the wide range of activities required to deliver a strong infrastructure operations service (e.g. BAU infrastructure upgrades/maintenance)
- Roadmaps for business-critical infrastructure and application services; optimise and improve all infrastructure services, providing an efficient, reliable and secure infrastructure that follows industry best practice
- Hands-on experience as a lead tech engineer in an infrastructure operation support function, including very good understanding of ITSM processes and ways of working (e.g. incident, request, problem and change management)
- Experience in all aspects of enterprise Windows platform management
- Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on supporting highly available services
- Experience building infrastructure maintenance plans and other processes required to ensure the smooth running of an infrastructure operations service Awareness of automation, including automated build processes, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments and reporting
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with other teams in order to understand technical requirements and provide guidance in relation to Windows and cloud-based infrastructure services. Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided. Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and a readiness to share knowledge
- Ability to analyse the as-is environment and assist in developing high quality solutions within tight project timelines
- Self-starter who is well organised and can take responsibility for resolution of issues that may not necessarily sit within their direct sphere of control, focusing on the experience of the requester/customer
- Desire to make things better and look for opportunities to improve our services and processes
Please apply should you fit the above criteria