CMMS CPAs & Advisors a division of ATLAS Navigators is an accounting, tax and consulting firm that is looking for someone who fits our culture, vision, work ethic and team. ATLAS stands for Advisors That Listen And Serve and our people strive to embody that saying every day. We are a solutions-based firm that keeps a positive space, always. ATLAS seeks to add value to our clients, our people and our culture, inside and outside of our office walls. If you are looking for a company that will invest, motivate and inspire you to aim high, ATLAS is it.
The Lubbock ATLAS location is seeking a Tax Manager to join our team! This is an exciting opportunity to join a family of firms across multiple states with a lot of room for advancement. This role also has the potential of growth to a Partner level!
The Tax Manager will work under the supervision of a Partner and/or Director. A Manager will support the firms clients in the duties listed below and provide support and leadership to the staff they work with. Some duties listed below are subject to the department the Manager primarily manages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with client projects as assigned and function as the lead for the client relationships.
- Handle client calls as required.
- Work with the team on tax projects.
- Assist with workflow on office projects with team members.
- Prepare and review all types of tax returns (i.e., 1040, 1120, 1065, etc.) efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain client relationship through a comprehensive knowledge of tax planning including estate planning.
- Prepare and review all accounting activities provided for a client.
- Identify additional services needed by client and update client in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in ATLAS advisory services efforts.
- Responsible for (along with other Managers, Partners and Seniors) billing and WIP analysis.
- Participate and promote ATLAS initiatives such as the Coaching Program and other Firm activities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information encountered while in the performance of duties.
- Train and develop other team members.
- Identify areas of potential improvements in processes and procedures.
- Participate in occasional same-day travel for work at client office and meetings using personal vehicle.
- Increased operation hours required during tax season.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and extremely organized
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to set priorities and skillfully juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced office
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to lead team members and manage others assignments at times
- Demonstrate a service mentality
- Actively listen
- Regularly use QuickBooks Online and Desktop with proficiency
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of Tax Basis Accounting Cash & Accrual
- Bachelors Degree in Tax Accounting required.
- MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- Experience with a public accounting firm a plus
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- TransAmerica GAP Benefits
- Aflac Supplemental Benefits
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Plans
- 401k with Company Matching
- Bonus Structure
- Incentive Program
- Development Program
- Company Wellness Program