Koch Global Services is seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for customer service to join us as a technical resource on a project focused team involved in designing and implementing server infrastructures for Koch Industries! A Systems Administrator works closely with customers to determine requirements and deliver solutions which meet business needs and creates value for the enterprise.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with the ability to approach tasks with initiative and responsibility, as well as knowledge and experience around the Linux Operating Systems, Windows Server, and AWS Environments. Critical thinking and organizational skills are also necessary for success, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills, as you will be interfacing with team members, customers, and leaders within the various companies.
If you want to work in a dynamic organization that provides an opportunity to work on various technical design and implementation activities within the construct of a project team, then the Systems Administrator role is right for you.What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Work independently, or within the construct of a project team, to understand customer business requirements and deliver solutions which meet those business needs
- Collaboration and interaction with customer IT contacts, peer KBS IT contacts and 3rd party vendors
- Deployment of standardized product offerings and the solution of new services as required to meet customer needs
- Coordinate with peers in the development and/or refinement of processes which optimize delivery of computing solutions or create value for KBS and its customers
- Generate price quotes for various design solutions
- Maintain awareness of emerging industry trends and technologies which may create value for Koch Industries.
- Manage small scale projects
- Automate processes and optimize repeatable tasks
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years' experience with the deployment and support of virtualization technologies in the enterprise environment
- 3+ years administration experience with Windows or Linux OS's
- Prior experience working within a project-focused team
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate to all levels of the organization (internal/external customers, peers, IT teams, leaders, etc.)
- Broad IT knowledge or awareness (Networking Concepts, Windows Server, Linux Server, SAN, Backup/Recovery, etc.)
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and coordinate tasks effectively
- Prior experience coordinating the implementation of technical solutions on an enterprise scale
- Knowledge of networking protocols, SAN/Storage
- Knowledge of Backup & Recovery best practices and software
- 1+ years Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Scripting and automation experience
- DevOps skill or background
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: