Pathology opening in , North Carolina.
Surgical Gastrointestinal Pathology Opportunity
Seeking an experienced board certified Surgical Gastrointestinal Pathology to join an established program in eastern North Carolina. Experienced applicants with subspecialty training and/or expertise in gastrointestinal pathology who also have interest in liver and HPB cases are preferred.
- Employed position
- Hospital privileges at a level 1 trauma, 974 bed Academic Medical Center, 2ndlargest in NC
- Established division that includes 4 surgical pathologists and is clinically productive, highly respected, and actively involved in the training of medical students, residents, and fellows
- Department has pathology residency and fellowship programs that include surgical pathology, cytopathology and forensic pathology
- Candidate should be actively reading and signing out and comfortable with shared call to support frozen section needs
- Candidate will participate in tumor boards and present in multidisciplinary accredited cancer program
- Approximately 30,000 surgical and 7,000 cytology cases including 1,300 fine need aspirates are accessioned into the department annually
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package to include: annual administrative stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, and holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area