Apply for this job now
- Hamburg, New York
- Job Type
- 5 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
Are you looking to channel your energy into a mission much bigger than the bottom line? As a Store Associate with Goodwill of Western New York, your work will directly impact your local community and the individuals we serve.
Are you looking for autonomy, work-life balance and the opportunity to work for a company that makes a difference in our community? Is it important for you to work for a company that considers the needs of our current and future generations by improving our environment through sustainability and recycling? Do current fashion trends, antiques or collector's items fascinate you? Then this position may be perfect for you!
We are looking for a Store Associate to join our team! Our Store Associates work under the direction of our Retail Store Management to maintain the efficient operation of our store by delivering outstanding customer service to achieve established goals for sales, production, safety and expense control.
This position's key responsibilities will be:
• Provides excellent customer and donor service with a positive and friendly attitude.
• Performs accurate operations of a cash register.
• Receives and accurately records donations from the public.
• Sorts and prices donations.
• Merchandises sales floor to meet company standards and guidelines.
• Handles routine customer service inquiries, complaints and questions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent customer service skills.
• A passion for serving others and making a difference in our community.
THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to sit, stand, bend, and reach for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry or otherwise move up to 50 pounds with no support regularly.
• Able to perform tasks that require repetitive motion; i.e., tagging or hanging clothes. Manual dexterity is required.
Goodwill of WNY is an equal opportunity employer and employs individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, sexual orientation, victims of domestic violence, protected veteran's status, gender identity, genetic information, genetic predisposition or carrier status or other protected class status pursuant to applicable law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. This includes compensation based upon external and
- Job Reference: 678539445-2
- Date Posted: 5 August 2022
- Recruiter: Goodwill Industries of WNY
- Location: Hamburg, New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Retail & Consumer Products
- Job Type: Permanent