Staff Data Scientist Job Description
As a Staff Data Scientist at Freedom Financial, you will focus on developing and deploying machine learning models. You will serve as a strategic thought partner for leaders throughout the company, helping them to identify and exploit opportunities where machine learning can add value.
- Build machine learning models from scratch and deploy them to production.
- Design bidding and response models to optimize marketing activities, lead scoring and recommendation models to optimize sales activities.
- Develop new infrastructure to augment the Data Science team's modeling capabilities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for leaders throughout the company.
- 7+ years of experience as a professional data scientist. This is a must.
- Keen eye for opportunities to get value from data.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders throughout the company.
- Ambitious, resourceful, and possessed of excellent judgment as evidenced by steadily growing professional responsibility.
- Ideal candidates will have advanced degrees, although professional experience and achievement are more important.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth theres plenty of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Work from home now, hybrid office/home work policy planned for the future
This is a wide open opportunity to make a major impact at a growing company. We'll give you as much responsibility as you can handle. We'll expect you to use it wisely and aggressively.