To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Products and Technology Job Details About the Team
The GovSlack Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team runs and scales core components of Slacks Infrastructure and Product. We continuously seek to improve the visibility, speed, and safety of Slacks distributed application architecture!
GovSlack () is a compliant version of Slack that runs on dedicated, isolated infrastructure in AWS GovCloud. GovSlack is an exciting new offering at Slack that is currently in beta phase and has a significant revenue potential once it is generally available!
The GovSlack SRE team is a newly formed and evolving team that is responsible for the reliability and operations of GovSlack. On this team, you will combine your software and systems engineering expertise to run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant services. We welcome new perspectives and strategies to address evolving challenges to reliability. We collaborate with many Infrastructure and Product engineering teams at Slack to continuously improve shared technology and processes, improving the baseline of reliability. What you will be doing
- Directly support multiple components of GovSlacks infrastructure, including monitoring and visibility automation, and other infrastructure tooling.
- Support and define the reliability processes that enable GovSlack to continue to serve its customers.
- Automate away problems to make GovSlack easily operable
- Help define SLA/SLOs for GovSlack, manage code deployments, fixes and software updates, and automate our operational processes.
- Have an operational responsibility in addition to being a software developer. You will participate in the team's on-call rotation, assist with triaging and addressing production issues, and respond to incidents.
- Review code and get your code reviewed; mentor and be mentored by other engineers. Teamwork is what makes the dream work
- Familiarity and experience with software development, including traditional operations and/or infrastructure management duties.
- Experience managing critical production infrastructure, maintaining reliability and uptime, and having a customer first view of operational safety.
- Experience with functional or imperative programming languages such as Hack, Python, Go, C, or Java.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training or work experience.
- Experience developing and managing modern public cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS.
- Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), or as a platform or infrastructure engineer building and managing reliability mechanisms on distributed infrastructure.
- Comfortable with deploying, operating and debugging software on Linux at scale.
- Ability to dig deep across multiple layers of the stack, from networking and virtualization to configuration management and packaging.
- Familiarity with Incident Response programs and processes; including triaging and resolving production incidents.
- Experience working within highly regulated environments where a solid understanding of FEDRAMP/NIST frameworks were essential.
Infrastructure is a diverse and inclusive team that treats their colleagues exceptionally well. We are happy to help you learn what you need to know; we encourage and support each others growth and thus its not expected that you would have expertise across all of these areas. We look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
Come join us! For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $82,000. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. Accommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form () . Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with () or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the Most Admired Companies in the World and one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For eleven years in a row, and named Innovator of the Decade and one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something thats so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.