Chewy strives to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. The Chewy Product Design and Research team are a hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving team of researchers, designers, and builders, crafting experiences that aim to delight customers (and the community that support them) while revolutionizing the ways they keep their pets happy and healthy.
We are seeking a Sr. Director, Research to play a senior leadership role in realizing Chewys vision, driving the conception and creation of innovative new products and services. As a Sr. Director of User Research, youll be a thought leader for User Experience throughout Chewy. Youll have the opportunity to think and act big, exercising continuous innovation and a bias for action, coupled with thoughtful experimentation. This role is a high-profile position that will inspire and empower a team of research leaders to ensure an unparalleled customer experience that enables our customers, businesses, and veterinarian partners to accomplish their goals in the most elegant, efficient, and enjoyable way possible. To achieve this, you will be responsible for developing and socializing a research vision that drives engagement and excitement throughout the organization - working closely with our partners in product management, design, and engineering to help shape the next generation of pet parent experiences on Chewy.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, yet pragmatic research leader that can analyze customer behaviors, identify opportunities to uncover and understand customer problems, and connect research to the right areas of the business to enable and empower teams to transform the Chewy customer experience. You should be passionate about working strategically with executives and other senior leaders to create and deliver customer-focused and visionary experiences. Finally, you should be an inspiring people leader, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble strategic thinker that has demonstrated flexibility and willingness to roll up your sleeves to lead your team through changing priorities and interesting challenges.
What Youll Do:
- Lead cross-team conceptual development; be a strategic thought leader in how to implement unmatched experiences that represent the most customer-centric intersection between research, design, business, content, and technology.
- Influence investment choices that will provide long-term innovation for our customers.
- Guide cross-functional teams of product designers, researchers, and content designers, while playing a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization.
- Champion cohesion and consistency in UX research practices that power growing family of services and products, while continuing to nurture and evangelize a fervent culture of invention and innovation.
- Foster Chewys culture and principles within the group while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Recruit, assess, hire, develop, and retain an organization of outstanding UX personnel.
What Youll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in User Experience Research that includes 5+ years of experience managing leaders. Experience managing a team in a high growth environment; prior success with managing employees across multiple products and/or programs.
- Proven record in attracting, developing, and motivating the talent needed for current and future business needs. Demonstration of maintaining high performance expectations and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience providing direction to deliver on priorities and build repeatable, sustainable processes that support operational excellence.
- Experience working in and managing user experience design groups in large, product-based organizations; experience working in a complex environment, with a proven ability to consider the impact of their decisions, past their own products.
- Fluency in best practices for User Research; practical knowledge of User Centered Design processes and lifecycles; ability to provide and effectively communicate strategic and tactical recommendations based on quantitative/qualitative data and optimal research practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest research methodologies, emerging theory, and other developments in the user experience research field.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to influence and deliver results.
- Exemplary analytical skills and high judgment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Ability to translate research needs into concrete practices to clarify ideas and advance collaboration based on shared understanding of customer needs.
- Bachelors, or equivalent degree, in Research, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the research field.
- Position will require occasional travel.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact .