In this role, a successful individual will understand the architecture, design, and development of the system being built and delivered to the sponsor, which runs on secure distributed and cloud computing environments, with a major focus on fully automated deployments.Job Purpose
The Solution Architect defines, conceptualizes, describes, and manages an engineering solution specific to the enterprise system. Responsible for understanding the architecture, design, and development of software built for sponsors and running on secure cloud computing networks, specifically focusing on fully automated deployments. Additional responsibilities include understanding how integration with third-party software vendors will impact the system and providing guidance on impact to the enterprise. This position will interact with government sponsors and government technical experts to translate business requirements into technical requirements and provide guidance to technical teams for execution of requirements.Key Responsibilities
- Translate business requirements into well-documented technical requirements
- Develop Data Exchange specifications and data models.
- Design and develop cloud based software solutions
- Implements System Architecture design (compute, hardware/virtual, OS, storage, networking, security)
- Contributor to the development of Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CICD) processes using DevOps and DevSecOps principles.
- Implementer of Architecture as Code
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm development
- Linux, SELinux, and Ansible infrastructure maintenance
- Virtual machine management.
- Participate in Risk Management Framework for software development
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Contributor to the development of the continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) processes using DevOps principles.
- Deployment of software using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Packer and Terraform
- Design software securely to meet accreditation requirements from assessors.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree program relevant to this position will be considered
- Candidates must have or be interested in obtaining a Master's degree
- Candidates must thrive in collaborative environment
- Candidates must have good written and communication skills
- Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to independently and efficiently acquire new skills
- Candidates must be able to investigate, reproduce, and resolve problems
- Candidates must have experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Candidates must have experience coding within high-level programming languages, including Java, C, C++, or Python
- Experience with Linux, Computer Hardware, or Networking
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with high-level programming languages such as C# and Java
- Strong interpersonal and team skill
- Configuration management tools
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and tools
- Active Secret Clearance
10% - 25% travelEducation and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
- 0 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute's mission of solving the world's most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law .Posted:
Back Submit Resume