Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Secret Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
Software Development Summary:
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, network, databases, and Web-based security. SW Engineering Roles:
IT Security Roles:
- Works with a team of developers, data engineers and data scientists to create web applications to collect and manage data in support of Internet and social media activities
- Participates in Agile project management methodologies to support all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Works within a team environment using Confluence, Jira and Slack to manage, assign and collaborate on work tasks
- Develops Web applications in Ruby on Rails or Django/Python on Linux and deployed in AWS using MySQL and RedShift databases
- Reviews projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate
- Supports database engineering by providing Python support using AWS Lambda
- Builds and operates scalable and secure systems on AWS
- Develops, implements, communicates and enforces security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and information systems
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring and reporting
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, to verify systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web applications
- Reviews code for security and compliance to coding standards
- Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure
- Assists with implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls
- Conducts investigations of information systems security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management
- Monitors and analyzes Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation; Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Prepares incident reports
- Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws
- Responsible for DevSecOps of project applications supporting the customer
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
- May serve as a team or task lead
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience. (Additional Education, Training, Certifications or Work Experience can be substituted in lieu of degree or work experience.
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance; current DoD Secret clearance preferred
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.