A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we're passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us. The Role
Software Engineers at Palantir build software at scale to transform how organizations around the world use data. As a Software Engineer Intern, you'll have an opportunity to grow more quickly than you ever envisioned, as you contribute high-quality code directly to Palantir Gotham, Palantir Foundry, or Palantir Apollo: products that are deployed at some of the most important institutions across the public and private sectors. You'll create features used by research scientists, aerospace engineers, intelligence analysts, and economic forecasters, in countries around the world. Palantir's Product Development organization is made up of small teams of Software Engineers, each focusing on a specific aspect of a product. For example, you might join a team that builds a Foundry front-end application, or a component of the Gotham release infrastructure. We encourage communication and collaboration among teams to share context, skills, and experience, so you'll learn about many different aspects of each product.
As a Software Engineer, you are involved throughout the product lifecycle - from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution and shipping while also being paired with a mentor dedicated to your growth and success. You'll collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers' problems and build products that tackle them. One of the most effective ways to understand what our users need is to meet them. You may receive an opportunity to tour the assembly line at an auto-manufacturer or join a counter-terror analyst at their desk to really understand their mission and difficulties.
SWE principles include:
• Ownership: We see projects through from beginning to end in spite of obstacles we may encounter. • Collaboration: We work internally with people from a variety of backgrounds - such as other Software Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and Product Reliability Engineers. We also partner with our business development teams (Forward Deployed Engineers, Deployment Strategists) in order to understand and solve our customers' problems. • Trust: We trust each other to effectively handle time and priorities, and don't micromanage. We want people to have the space to think for themselves, while feeling supported by their team. Technologies We Use
It doesn't matter what languages you know when you join us, but it does matter that you can write clean, effective code and learn new languages quickly. Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who can do the same. Alongside peers that bring diverse experience - whether you're a former university TA, switched to CS recently, or are a hackathon enthusiast - you'll build your skills to apply the best technology to solve a given problem. Right now, we use:
• A variety of languages, including Java and Go for backend and Typescript for frontend • Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, Elasticsearch, React, and Redux • Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, and Github What We Value
- Engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, and Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of individuals, including engineers, users and non-technical team members.
- Willingness to learn and make decisions independently, and the ability to ask questions when stuck.
- Valued but not required: Willingness to undergo a US government background investigation, depending on US government project requirements.
- Must be planning on graduating in 2024. This should be your final internship before graduating.
To apply, please submit the following:
- An updated resume / CV
- Thoughtful responses to our application questions
In an effort to build more transparency into our recruitment process, we'd like to share our offer deadline expectations. By applying to this position, you commit to confirming your decision within two weeks of receiving your written offer.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world's hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.