Are you interested in working for a purpose-driven organization that is owned by, and accountable to, its membersnot its shareholders? Where you can collaborate with teams that help deliver products and services to over 1.3 million members? Then read onBECU might just be the right fit for you.
BECU is a national leader among financial institutions. With over $29 billion in assets, were among the largest credit unions in the nation. Weve been in business for over 86 years, serving the financial well-being of our community and helping our members achieve life-long financial goals.
Heres what else sets us apart:
- Our members-first ethos.
- Unique benefits, perks and workplace culture.
- Philanthropy and community involvement.
- Remote, flexible and hybrid work opportunities.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers. SUMMARY
The Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) will write software tests and test cases according to design specifications. The SDET will assist development teams ensuring BECU software is designed to be tested. The Software Developer Engineer in Test is responsible for writing test cases, coding automated tests and writing test scripts. This position will automate test data creation in test database instances. The Software Developer Engineer in Test will debug applications/services and determine root causes of software defects. The Software Developer Engineer in Test will automate test execution during software builds. This position will work closely with other developers, QA and SDETs, business, and systems analysts, and build enterprise class software. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory, and Information Protection requirements.
- Assesses the flow of code and its interaction with various processes, identifying areas of improvement in existing code. Debugs applications and services and performs root cause analysis of errors.
- Identifies and classifies risks and errors in applications and services.
- Develop test scenarios/cases from requirements, ensuring they are automated and integrated into software builds via a CI system.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum two years of experience designing test cases and writing automated tests in a team environment required.
- Experience using testing and automation frameworks on multiple application platforms like Web and Mobile devices required.
- Minimum one of experience with continuous integration systems and test case management tools.
- Demonstrated experience in unit testing, integration testing and performance testing.
- Experience using git, including performing code reviews, pull requests, and following branching standards such as Git Flow or Trunk-Based Development required.
- Familiar with relational database structures, and ability to understand and write SQL queries.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Full time hours required.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.