Here, we believe there s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there s a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Senior User Experience Researcher plays a vital role in creating useful, usable, and desirable digital experiences for our customers, partners, and employees. Through an in-depth knowledge and application of research techniques, the User Experience Researcher will inspire change at all stages of product development and infuse teams with information to help inform design efforts.
Strategy and Planning
• Seek opportunities to continuously increase customer satisfaction and infuse UX best practices into processes and projects.
• Plan for, identify, and design research activities to conduct.
• Create standard approaches as well as custom plans that fit within given scope, time, and needs.
• Partner with key stakeholders and other UX team members on strategic roadmaps and the identification of research needs to support successful product evolutions.
• Identify user needs, determine feature usefulness, and uncover new opportunities through UX research. Contribute findings and help generate innovative solutions to shape product strategy.
• Leverage Design Thinking approaches, as appropriate, to facilitate experience strategy and direction, while gaining alignment through collaborative sessions.
Acquisition and Deployment
• Collect and analyze user-oriented data through field visits, contextual analyses, ethnography, usability testing, surveys, card sorts, tree testing, and other research methodologies.
• Communicate findings to diverse audiences through compelling, written, and in-person presentations.
• Partner with designers to create personas, scenarios, user journeys, story maps, user flows, and other UX deliverables.
• Assist in developing design concepts as a result of research, providing input on design considerations and, on occasion and, as needed, enhancing wireframes/prototypes.
• Provide product usability evaluation and support to stakeholders.
• Utilize, assess, and maintain a portfolio of customer insight tools including survey tools, user research tools, analytic platforms, etc.
• Create plans for ongoing product and customer success measurement that leverages input from end users through thoughtful data collection, observations, and careful analysis.
• Utilize a flexible approach to changing priorities per stakeholder/customer feedback in an Agile work environment.
• Collaborate with product owners, designers, marketing, brand, IT and other stakeholders to support the implementation of research findings and artifacts.
• Gain a deep understanding of business operations & industry practices to successfully aid in strategy, design, decision making and recommendations.
• Create Design Thinking and educational UX Research materials to instruct others in related approaches.
• Work among a team of designers, providing feedback and perspective, aiming for a cohesive experience across all touchpoints.
• Lead the creation and maintenance of user-research documentation and standards.
• Mentor and coach researchers, designers, and/or Professional Apprentices .
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Establish and maintain research standards, principles, and patterns to be used across all channels and experiences
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor s degree in Design, HCI, IT, Business, or related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT and/or Business experience.
• 3+ years experience as a practitioner conducting UX research
• 5+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners.
• Experience executing UX research methodologies - e.g. field visits, contextual analyses, ethnography, usability testing, card sorts, tree testing, and other research methodologies.
• High degree of both design expertise and business acumen, including familiarity developing new software solutions.
• Experience with heuristic evaluations and its application.
• Understanding of user interfaces and associated basic user behaviors.
• Understanding of data analytics with experience extracting UX insights (e.g., Google Analytics).
• Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications.
• Understanding of various essential business functions of an organization.
• Strong technical knowledge coupled with business intelligence and ability to understand customer's needs.
• Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Active listening, strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
• Ability to transform an idea or need into a completed solution or work product that is user friendly.
• Ability to communicate effectively, facilitate meetings and influence at all levels of the organization
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Effective interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills.
• Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.
The annual salary for this position is between $89,000.00 - $109,000.00 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
A general description of benefits can be found here .
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.