Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Sr. Solution Architect, you will play an important role in the success of the company's overall technology customer success strategy that directly impacts our $3B+ and growing business. You will be responsible for the overall architecture of our enterprise applications to meet a variety of complex business scenarios. This position will act as a trusted technology advisor to the Go-To-Market (GTM) and Customer Success (CS) leadership team.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work within timelines, balance various tasks simultaneously while contributing to the positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for influencing ideas throughout the company.
What you'll do:
- Take the lead in translating Splunks business goals into architectural designs; apply critical and creative thinking/approach to technology strategies that further business objectives while keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
- Define end-to-end solution design for enabling all enterprise applications to support sales transactions in multiple currencies
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies to meet business needs and demands.
- Define and advise business partners on merger and acquisition strategies for GTM and CS processes and applications.
- Document as-is and to-be application solution architecture for a variety of scenarios to meet business requirements and scale the company globally..
- Participate in organization-wide project planning activities with project managers to advise on implementation strategies and cross-team dependencies.
- Partner closely with product owners and engineering managers to define roadmaps and sprint planning objectives to meet solution designs.
- Represent the IT organization as the domain expert for go-to-market and customer success technology and ensure alignment across partners.
- Collaborate with the broader architecture community, such as Architectural Review Board (ARB) and Enterprise Architects Council (EAC), to provide feedback on strategies and standards.
- Produce executive presentations and present simple solutions to complex problems to diverse stakeholders across the company.
Requirements: Ive already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of demonstrable architecture experience within IT environments.
- Broad and technical experience in hi-tech industry; Expertise in multiple technical topics or business domains (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Support, Finance, etc.) technology and architecture; experience leading large-scale transformation projects and implementations.
- Deep experience with enabling multi-currency on business applications.
- Deep experience in complex system design within companies with different types of business and operating models (existing, new, emerging, and hybrid).
- Strong understanding and experience with implementing modern application solutions by executing programs at scale using Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.coms Sales and CPQ capabilities.
- Knowledge of existing, new, and emerging technologies and ability to apply them to new business designs and business models.
- Broad knowledge and experience in architecture domains, including business, application and data.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to build original concepts and hypotheses for a variety of projects.
- Excellent communication skills that translates business problems in technical solutions
- Ability to switch anytime from being a high-level strategy person to an in the weeds technical person.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, fast-paced organization; ability to balance multiple projects under pressure.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture frameworks such as Zachman and/or TOGAF
- Experience with data integration patterns and technologies.
- Deep technical expertise in Salesforce platform capabilities.
Education: Got it!
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isnt a job its a life changer are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Areas Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big datagenerated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. Its what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
Weve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQs, soccer, Fun Fridays.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQs, soccer and Fun Fridays.
This isnt a job its a life changer are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws..... click apply for full job details