Senior Software Engineer in Test Role Overview:
At Trellix, our test/automation engineers are the hackers that keep us secure. We are seeking a seasoned software test/automation engineer with the passion and experience necessary to analyze, automate and integrate test suites and frameworks that help us continuously improve Trellixs leading-edge XDR products.
Our product suite detects, enriches and correlates threats across the vast threat landscape causing each of the products to be better as improvements are made to others. We do this through a designed approach including some cloud-native integrations, some containerized deployments, and always through the cooperative lens of creating a better and safer customer experience.
If you want to improve your fortification and automation skills in an extremely important, fast paced, highly cooperative environment, then come join our team of heroes that are protecting the world every day from malicious threats.
What you will do:
Contribute to a team culture built around cooperation, visibility, ownership, continuous improvement, and respect.
Actively participate in design sessions with the team, offering up possible weaknesses or problems with the proposed solutions.
Write efficient, performant, reliable, and well architected automation code that will get run as a part of our Continuous Delivery systems and improve our next generation security and threat management products.
Actively help to improve our processes and collaboration both inside and outside of the team.
Mentor and exchange ideas with other engineers both on and off the team.
Work with our Product Management representatives to clarify customer needs.
Effectively estimate the time and effort that would be required to plan and write tests, calling out risks that are foreseeable.
Relay work status, dependencies and impediments to our Scrum Masters and Engineering Leadership through daily Agile standups.
- Several years of enterprise-level automation experience consisting of collaboration across multiple teams, multiple time zones, and multiple initiatives.
- Expert knowledge in modern test architecture and tools including home-grown and 3rd party tooling.
- Strong knowledge of modern architecture including cloud-native and containerized technologies, continuous deployment methodologies, and distributed systems.
- Expert knowledge of the software development life cycle and methodology.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Agile software development.
- Experience with high performance and scalable systems.
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills.
- Expert problem solving, debugging, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
Company Benefits and Perks:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Recent experience with test suite design that prioritizes flexible suite execution depending on what needs to be tested at various phases.
- Experience testing features released via feature flags.
- Recent experience with proper performance testing, metrics collection, and external system integration testing in a CI/CD environment.
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.