Merlyn Mind is looking for an experienced Senior Front end Software Developer to join our Portals team. Your main focus will be on front end Web technologies (React) but you will also work on mobile technologies (React Native) and backend ( Node.js ). You will join a dynamic fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design and build scalable software solutions. Collaboration and teamwork are key parts of our engineering culture. Join our team and help us create AI solutions for the people building a better future!
While this role is posted for India, we are a remote first company and open to hiring this talent anywhere in the world! Responsibilities:
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for responsive design.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design.
- Apply Engineering best practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional team (product, design) to render complex experiences
- Champion delightful user experience
- Cherish and enhance the core culture
- 6-8+ years of experience building web interfaces
- Strong expertise and experience with HTML5, CSS3 and one or more of SCSS, Less, Stylus
- Strong experience with one or more of modern js frameworks - React, Angular, Svelte, jQuery
- BS or MS in Computer Science of equivalent
- Experience working with Figma or Sketch
- Experience with cross-browser unit tests that validate UI changes
- Experience building for scalability, extensibility and availability
- Strong JS / Typescript expertise
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Understanding of server-side CSS
- Understanding of SEO principles
- 1+ years or above building chrome extensions
- Expertise with optimizing memory footprint
- Expertise with AI conversational / dialog based agents
- Familiarity with Cloud solutions, Relational (SQL) and NoSQL databases
- Experience with agile and fast-paced engineering
Merlyn Mind is a "Remote First" VC-backed AI EdTech startup that brings the latest advances in AI to Education to help improve the lives of teachers and ultimately the learning outcomes of their students. Our leadership team includes talents from IBM, Amazon, Facebook, Roku, Broadcom, HP, Allen Institute for AI, and more. We have come together to build on a unified product experience for an extremely urgent mission - building a digital assistant for teachers, to untether teachers from the desk and help them with managing classroom technologies.
Merlyn Mind is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. Benefits:
401(k) 401(k) matching Dental insurance Flexible schedule Flexible spending account Health insurance Health savings account Life insurance Paid time off Parental leave Tuition reimbursement Vision insurance