Crusoe Energy is on a mission to unlock value in stranded energy resources through the power of computation. Take a look at what we do! - We aim to align the long term interests of the climate with the future of global computing infrastructure. As data centers consume an exponentially growing power footprint to deliver technology to all connected devices, we are inspired by making sure that the energy meeting that demand is sourced in an environmentally responsible fashion. Crusoe co-locates mobile data centers with stranded energy resources, like flare gas and underloaded renewables, to deliver low-cost, carbon-negative distributed computing solutions. Crusoe Cloud is a managed cloud services platform powered by stranded energy that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
The Sales Engineer is directly responsible for the development of sales strategies, sales systems & management resulting in revenue generation for Crusoe Manufacturing. Responsibilities
- Identifies customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information, answers customer questions and requests on highly technical applications, considering price and lead time sensitivity
- Manages and works alongside the estimating team to prepare cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, RFQs and related customer documents; consulting with engineers and other technical personnel to confirm proper scope is quoted
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes
- Provides technical information and training to customers
- Complies with federal, state, and local regulatory and code requirements; advises customers on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environments; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services
- Maintains detailed customer records in CRM system and nurtures customer relationships with routine outreach and communication
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred, 5+ years of work experience in technical sales, electrical engineering, or manufacturing engineering preferred
- Technical background in manufacturing, modular data centers, electrical industrial equipment, power distribution equipment, battery storage and UPSs
- Strong work ethic and high sense of motivation.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in customer problem resolution.
- Must have strong human relations skills and the ability to work with people from all backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with appropriate influence and ability to resolve business issues.
- Comfortable speaking to and developing presentations for groups of people.
- Industry competitive pay
- Stock options in a fast growing, well-funded technology company
- Health insurance package options that include HDHP and PPO, vision, and dental for you and your dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) with a 100% match up to 4% of salary
- Unlimited time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subscription to the Calm app
- NYDIG - Bitcoin Savings Plan
- Company paid commuter benefit; $100 per month
- Compensation will include stock options with a salary range of $130K and $155K+. Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data
Crusoe Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.