eMoneys mission is simple, yet profound: helping people talk about money. This human purpose drives our passion to understand the needs, attitudes, and behaviors of those we serve. Were looking for a talented, ambitious Senior Lead Experience (UX) Researcher to help us realize our vision of financial peace of mind for all.
As a Senior Lead Experience (UX) Researcher, youll work with teams to discover needs, uncover problems, and identify solutions that meaningfully improve peoples lives. You'll do this as a core member of a product team, partnering with other researchers, designers, engineers, and product managers to identify key questions and conduct studies across the entire product lifecycle. Through a collaborative approach and effective storytelling, youll produce insights that build empathy and drive action.
As a senior member of our UX practice, youll contribute toward shapingthe direction of our team and championing human-centered design across our company. In return, youll work alongside an incredibly talented team who care deeply about the people who use our products. Job Responsibilities
- Proactively seek out stakeholder relationships across the company (e.g., product, marketing, client services, internal systems) to identify and prioritize research needs and develop a holistic insight agenda for a product area, customer segment and/or product experience.
- Design and facilitate workshops and research studies across the entire product lifecycle,helping prioritize changes that improve user engagement and product adoption.
- Develop processes and design research to increase user empathy and enable all levels of the organization to participate in research so they see firsthand how users interact with our products (aka exposure hours).
- Facilitate the creation of an experience research center of excellence to educate, train, and mentor fellow researchers and colleagues on how best to approach problems, solicit feedback, and drive for impactful outcomes. The goal of the center of excellence is to empower and enable teams to independently conduct tactical experience research.
- Be a pivotal member in shaping our new research practice.
- Establish frameworks for benchmarking, competitive analysis, and ROI metrics.
- Recommend and implement improvements to our process, tools, and techniques.
- Proactively develop and manage strong relationships with 3rd party research and data partners.
- Use best practices to manage, our research panel, including test and learn strategies to increase engagement and improve recruiting, tracking, data, analytics and incentive management.
- Independently assess needs, design and lead multiple complex research studies end-to-end, which includes:
- Use of multiple research methods such as interviews, usability tests, expert reviews, card sorts, and surveys and introduction of new innovative methodologies to provide richer insights.
- Development of dynamic insightful reports.
- Adaptation and presentation of recommendations to cross functional stakeholders at all levels across the organization.
- Apply basic statistical testing and recommend more advanced quantitative methods, if applicable.
- Utilize secondary research, business intelligence and usage analytics to provide a holistic understanding of the customer.
- College degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Research, Design, or related fields.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in research, human-centered design, analytics, psychology, software design, or related field, with experience across a user experience design and software development process, from needs assessment, ideation through completion and post-release analysis.
- Experience in qualitative, quantitative and user experience research, with deep expertise in one of these areas.
- Experience in leading or moderating meetings with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop, lead and manage a strategic insight agenda which aligns to corporate objectives and strategies.
- Possess initiative, drive, and are adept at creatively problem-solving to find solutions to difficult problems.
- Passion for continuous improvement and are relentlessly focused on representing and advocating for the voice of the customer within the organization.
- Familiarity with agile software development process.
- Proficiency with UserZoom, Qualtrics, and Miro or similar products.
- Familiarity with financial services, wealth management, financial advisors, and financial regulations helpful.
- Solid cross-functional collaboration, relationship building, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to lead discussions across teams, ensuring that everyone has an opportunity to share their opinion and be heard, and that discussion outcomes tie to stated goals.
The salary range for this position is $119,000 - $153,000; commensurate salary to be determined based on skills, professional background and expertise. This position is also eligible, pursuant to applicable eMoney policies, for the annual bonus program, retirement contributions, health insurance, sick leave, parental leave and paid time off.