T orrent Technologies has an opening for a Senior IT Quality Assurance Analyst
to be located in the Kalispell, MT office or US remote
The Senior IT Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for managing the creation, execution and maintenance of both manual and automated tests. In this role you will take part in the analysis and breakdown of new user stories and also play a key role in the agile estimation process. The Senior Analyst participates in software release activities as well as the management of automated regression tests and may assist with research and analysis of triage tickets. The Senior IT Quality Assurance Analyst makes an impact as a seasoned, professional individual contributor, ready to manage projects, work independently, help teammates thrive and collaborate with stakeholders across the company. What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- To assist with key development initiatives that have a direct impact on ensuring our systems are compliant per NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) regulation.
- You will be an integral part of an innovative and passionate team where your ideas will flourish, and you will influence the quality of our systems.
- In the first 30/60/90 days: Focus will be on on-boarding, training and goal setting. Actively participating with the team in agile meetings. Tackle work assignments regularly, be fully integrated into the team and the organization.
We will count on you to:
- Torrent offers a dynamic, engaging work environment that places a high value on customer service, respect, and quality relationships. We want our hard-working team members to be their best in an atmosphere that encourages the expression of ideas which will contribute to our clients and to the companys success.
- Motivated employees are well rewarded, and Torrent offers competitive benefits including comprehensive medical insurance, and benefits to include health, dental, vision, and 401K.
- Paid Time Off for the things you love to do, holiday and sick time available
- A rewarding career helping others, and a fun and engaging work environment built on team unity
- Training and annual professional goal setting to help advance your skills for career development
What you need to have?
- Be responsible for application development testing using both manual and automated testing frameworks
- Conduct load, performance, security, boundary, and positive/negative testing following software development methodology standards
- Utilize a variety of testing tools to including Selenium, Postman, and SQL
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary delivery team performing all aspects of software development as needed including quality assurance, requirements gathering, and specializing in testing activities
- Resolve issues and make recommendations for improvements and enhancements
- Evaluate system functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
- Communicate with members of the IT team on a regular basis and may serve as point of contact
- Perform under minimal supervision and peer accountability on complex assignments
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent experience is desired
- 3 - 5 years of related software testing, quality assurance and testing automation experience
- Superior interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks efficiently while maintaining a high quality of work product
- Act as a technical resource for other IT Quality Assurance Analysts on the team
- Exceptional system analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Software Testing Methodologies
- Ability to work closely with application developers to ensure proper test coverage
- Technology experience with SQL/MS SQL Server, JSON, Postman, and DevOps, or similar ticketing systems
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain public trust security clearance
- Insurance domain knowledge strongly preferred
- Concrete understanding of developing and maintaining automated tests using Selenium
The National US average range for this role is $53,846 - $86,154 . T he base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision wil l be dependent on a case by case basis.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
Marsh is the worlds leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh , Guy Carpenter , Mercer , and Oliver Wyman . Follow Marsh on ; LinkedIn ; Facebook ; and YouTube ,
or subscribe to BRINK .
Torrent offers a connected culture of talented, inspired individuals, and a work environment where colleagues can grow and succeed. We value diversity in thought and background and are looking for individuals who are up for the challenge of creating the insurance enterprise of the future. If thats you, join us on our journey.
Torrent Technologies is the leading flood insurance administrator in the US. Its integrated suite of business software platforms along with customer-focused service and support solutions have revolutionized the flood insurance landscape. Torrent is recognized for our deep flood insurance expertise and advanced technology capabilities. We provide market leading service and administration to Write Your Own (WYO) insurance companies and agents including direct access to both the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and private insurance products.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
The applicable base salary range for this role is $48,420 to $86,100.
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.