Overview Who we are
maslansky + partners is a Language Strategy and research consultancy that helps the worlds most influential and innovative organizations harness the power of language to drive behavior change. Our work is guided by a simple, powerful idea: its not what you SAY that matters, its what your audience HEARS.
Clients look to us as experts in the art and science of persuasion. To help products stand out in a crowded space. To shape company reputation. To win on issues that matter. To respond effectively to crisis. To engage employees. Every word you use is a choice. We help companies choose wisely.
We are looking for a highly strategic and multi-faceted writer to turn ideas both big and small into impactful copy for the firm that invented Language Strategy.You will be the first of your kind
. While everyone on our merry team of strategists and researchers writes, you will be the first to focus solely on developing short- and long-form copy and helping us up our writing game.
Responsibilities What youll do
- Turn strategic thinking into short- and long-form text. Everything you write will be on-strategy and purpose-built. Youll write message prototypes for market research (and get direct audience feedback!). Youll craft web copy, marketing collateral, and digital communications. And youll help develop and implement verbal brand standards for our clients.
- Edit and improve others writing. You will help sharpen first drafts with line edits and bigger-picture restructuring.
- Train team members and clients. You will mentor team members to become stronger writers and help clients stay on strategy with their written communication.
- Write for a wide variety of audiences. You will flex to write for everyone from highly technical specialized audiences to the extremely unsophisticated often about the same subject matter.
- Frame arguments in different ways. You will challenge yourself by writing about the same subject from lots of different perspectives, in different tones, using different words.
- Manage projects and deadlines. Youll manage your busy schedule, balancing close collaboration with teams and running client-facing writing projects with aplomb.
- Work closely with internal strategy teams. You will work as an extension of our strategy teams, understanding context and objectives, and incorporating team and client feedback.
Qualifications What youll bring
- Excellent narrative writing skills. You have 7-10 years of experience as a copywriter, journalist, or content creator. You have experience with short- and long-form writing in a variety of voices and tones for wildly different audiences. You know how to follow a brief and the right questions to help put one together. You can explain why you chose this word instead of that one. And you can switch from complex pharmaceutical writing to catchy taglines without missing a beat. Experience in financial services and pharma/healthcare a plus.
- Deft line editing experience. Youre experienced and comfortable with editing different types of copy and able to explain your changes.
- Creative and strategic thinking. You know marketing and communications and how to align writing to business objectives. You understand that writing at work is a strategic tool, not a work of art.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You like being part of new initiatives, enjoy spotting new opportunities, and have a knack for figuring out better ways to do things.
- Enthusiastic collaboration. You love working with different teams, you seek out feedback, and you take a teaching approach to editing others.
- The ability to get up to speed fast. You are a quick study and arent afraid to dive into the details.
- A proven ability to multitask. You thrive in fast-paced environments, stay cool under pressure, and can manage multiple projects and deadlines without letting things slip.
- An unapologetically nerdy love of words.
If this sounds like you, you sound like our kind of writer.What youll get You wont be bored. You will work with diverse clients and industries on diverse challenges that all you to learn every step of the way.You will be challenged and grow. Well make you a stronger strategic thinker, a better writer, and a more confident presenter, as part of a culture focused on feedback and committed to personal growth. If you are good, you will not get lostyour contribution will be recognized and rewarded.You can make a big impact. Our team is encouraged to use our passion and expertise to support causes that matter. Through work with PENCIL, Head Start, SBP, and our Project Good Words program, weve improved access to education, career opportunities, disaster relief, and clean waterto name a few.Youll definitely have a good time. We do serious work but never take ourselves too seriously. Lots of work and lots of fun to help you stay energized and engaged.
The position includes all the standards like competitive compensation, health, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, bonuses, 401k plans. Ohand free lunch on Mondays!
If intrigued, you should already have checked out our website. If you havent, do it now: and see what you think!