Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Job Category
Technology Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards. Salary Range
$81,500.00 - $134,500.00 Target Openings
2 What Is the Opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly formed Personal Insurance Payments & Billing Circle (a team of agile teams) with a primary focus on advancing foundational and forward facing capabilities within the payments and billing space. As part of the broader payments and billing transformation across Travelers, the PI Payments & Billing Circle is evolving the capabilities we currently offer today across process, technology, and experience (customer, agent, and employee) within PI.
Under limited supervision, the Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs. Must be able to bring together a diverse stakeholder group, drive consensus and create a shared understanding between the customer community and the solution delivery team while maintaining alignment with Business and IT Strategies. Using knowledge of business goals, help translate strategies and initiatives into action plans with required deliverables The Senior Business Systems Analyst is able to independently transition to unfamiliar business and systems domains. This job typically acts as a team lead for analysts on medium to large sized initiatives. The Senior Business Systems Analyst provides direction, coaching and mentoring to less experienced analysts. What Will You Do?
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives. Bring alternative perspectives and influence consensus among stakeholders.
- Ensure the solution (people, process and technology) meets the program and/or project objectives and is aligned with business and IT strategic direction. Participate in the development of a compelling business case that measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
- Collaborate with project leads to determine how requirements will be approached and managed for a particular project.
- Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Provide support and mentoring to other analysts and team members to facilitate a better understanding of requirements techniques, processes and deliverables required to support successful project delivery.
- Responsible for the success of the Requirements Definition Process for assigned work with limited supervision;.
- Elicit, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
- Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Effectively identifies and manages requirements conflicts and issues to resolution.
- Ensure that requirements are understood and approved by all stakeholders.
- Manage requirement traceability and changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Measures and tracks quality of business analysis work.
- Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements. Assist in defect resolution.
- Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What is a Must Have?
- Five years of experience in Business Systems or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Business, MIS or other related field preferred.
- Analytical Thinking (Advanced):
- Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Facilitation (Advanced):
- Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Communication (Advanced):
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Teamwork (Advanced):
- Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Relationship Management (Advanced):
- Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Business Perspective (Advanced):
- Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology (Intermediate):
- Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Conflict Management (Intermediate):
- Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Advanced):
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Advanced):
- Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
What Is in It for You?
- Three years of experience in Business Systems or equivalent required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email () so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit .