Based in Brighton, we're recruiting on behalf of a fantastic independent firm of chartered certified accountants who are searching for a Senior Accountant to join their successful team. You will have a hands on position delivering accounts, management accounts, VAT, bookkeeping and planning services to a varied portfolio of clients across the South East. Our client typically focuses on not for profit organisations, or more complex corporate businesses, where you will get exposure to very interesting and technical work. Client's go up to approximately £50m turnover. This position will be split 50/50 between corporate and not for profit clients and a large proportion will be built around the candidate, their experience, and their aspirations.
In addition to a great position, with a fantastic accountancy practice, you will be given ultimate flexibility, in that you can work full time, or part-time, any working hours, or pattern you wish and either from home, or in the office as frequently as you'd like. It's completely up to you!
Our client has a fantastic working environment, and promotes an excellent work life balance for their staff. You will work in a small but established, and experienced team of accountants, where you will be offered lots of autonomy and a chance to take ownership of your work. This business has a fantastic reputation for their quality of work and the service levels they provide their clients.
If you're looking to be part of a friendly and flexible team, where you can have lots of autonomy and maintain a good work life balance, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Returns
- Preparation of Personal Tax Returns
- Preparation of bookkeeping and VAT returns
- Assisting junior staff members work where required
- Dealing with client queries and specific requests
- Assisting Partners as necessary, with existing and new client queries
- Managing a portfolio of mixed clients
- Potential to help with independent examinations and/ or audits
- Suitable applicants for this Senior Accountant role will be any of ACA, ACCA qualified or qualified by experience, with a career background in accountancy practice, working within small or medium firm background and/or, Top 50/ Mid or Top Tier firm experience.
- You will be likely be operating around Accounts Senior level or Client Manager level, delivering accounts and wider ranging accountancy practice services to a client base of sole traders, partnerships and limited company clients, across a wide spectrum of industries and turnover levels.
- You will be looking for a career opportunity where you will be given lots of flexibility and autonomy.
- £35,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience and background, negotiable.
- A highly competitive benefits package is also on offer.
- You will be given ultimate flexibility, in that you can work full time, or part-time, any working hours, or pattern you wish and either from home, or in the office as frequently as you'd like. It's completely up to you!
- Please apply for the vacancy or contact Tristan Finch via phone, our website or LinkedIn for a confidential conversation.
Refer a friend..
We're keen to remain the leading provider of the best accountancy talent in the South East. We are continually exploring ways to expand our network and we know that great candidates like you can introduce us to other equally brilliant people. We're looking to work with the best accountancy practice and tax staff in the South East so if your friends, family or colleagues are considering a new opportunity and can demonstrate relevant experience, we'd love to speak to them.
For every candidate you refer and we subsequently place into a permanent position, we will give you £200 of Love2Shop vouchers. (Terms & Conditions apply).