General Purpose of the Position:
The Salesforce Technical Support Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing team members tasked with providing end user support, application requirements gathering, design input to developers, quality assurance and user acceptance testing, and the training Switch's Salesforce user base. This position will monitor team members' daily activities and work cross-functionally with other departments to achieve organizational goals. As the steward of data quality and business processes, the ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, and fastidiously aim to continuously identify opportunities to improve the organization's efficiency.
This role will work closely with Switch's application development teams and Salesforce administrators to communicate user and business requirements, set priorities, and develop schedules to support the successful deployment of system integrations and custom application development. As a member of Data Center Services, the Salesforce Technical Support manage will be expected to contribute their insight and expertise to support day-to-day sales operations and marketing with any eye toward driving more sales.
This position reports to the SVP of Data Center Services. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to: motivating, training and mentoring employees; planning, assigning, delegating and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and resolving employee issues. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs the daily management and efforts of the Salesforce support team, providing assistance where necessary
- Maintains a strong and genuine sales focus at all times
- Promotes timely, enthusiastic support to users
- Works with team members/end users to gather, understand, and define business requirements
- Works with team members to develop user stories and to-be process flows to support the design and development of Salesforce solutions
- Works collaboratively with management, engineers and administrators to design a solution that will meet business requirements and fulfill user stories
- Oversees development and maintenance of reports and dashboards, testing regularly for data integrity
- Trains new and existing users on how to use Salesforce applications, and keep application users informed about system functionality and enhancements
- Keeps abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality, and provide recommendations for process improvements
- Directs and supports sandbox configuration for user stories within Salesforce and integrations as needed
- Collaborates with developers to test and verify that solutions will meet the business requirements
- Participates in key meetings with team members including requirement sessions, system demos, user acceptance testing, and end user training
Required Job Skills:
- Performs all other duties/tasks and projects as assigned
- Responsible for taking out trash and keeping desk & office clean
Computer Equipment and Software:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Excellence in gathering and documenting business requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and complex problem solving capabilities
- Strong understanding of the sales process
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive
- Passionate solving complex problems
- Strategic, long-term thinker
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to maintain professionalism in a highly public/interactive environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized
Education and Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Salesforce aficionado
- AppExchange and Salesforce 3rd party integrations
- Project management software (Jira, Asana, etc.)
- Salesforce Community Cloud, Knowledge Base, and Einstein Analytics experience a plus
- Pardot, Hubspot, Outreach or other relevant marketing automation experience a plus
Certification: Salesforce Certified Administrator
Education: Associate's or Bachelor's degree in IT or related field, preferred
Experience: 5 + years of Salesforce administration
Live sales and telephone sales experience a plus Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
If your position requires you to work in the field and/or warehouse, it is mandatory that you wear approved Personal Protective Equipment.
Please be aware that Switch requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain, or show proof of, the COVID-19 vaccination. Switch is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.