Job ID: 394541
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.Job Summary
Torrent Resources is seeking a Sales Engineer to support our growing San Bernardino and Riverside County market. The individual will be responsible for marketing and technical assistance leading to the specification and installation of Torrent Resources MaxWell drywells and additional Oldcastle Infrastructure stormwater products. The role will build and preserve relationships with key contacts, effectively market the breadth of solutions provided by each product, provide engineers with technical data and resources as needed, and track projects from concept to completion.
This is a work from home position that requires frequent local travel for in person interactions with civil and geotechnical engineers and other related contacts.Job Responsibilities
- Develop relationships and maintain continuous contact with civil engineering community within San Bernardino and Riverside County in support of products through product presentations, drop ins, project meetings, public meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Support project design team in the specification of Torrent Resources MaxWell drywells and additional Oldcastle Infrastructure stormwater products. Utilize internal resources to efficiently provide design support and answer technical questions.
- Educate design engineers on key benefits and how to take advantage of MaxWell drywell's versatility to meet project drainage requirements.
- Perform detailed analysis of each project to ensure proper specification of products to efficiently meet project goals.
- Stay informed about the changing regulatory environment regarding stormwater, groundwater recharge, and infiltration.
- Seek out opportunities to expand the usage of MaxWell drywells and additional Oldcastle Infrastructure stormwater products through market opportunities, cost-efficiency, and relationships (customer service).
- Communicate effectively internally to share opportunities, work through challenges, and keep colleagues updated on projects.
- Communicate effectively externally to provide exceptional service to our contacts and guide them through the process of properly designing and specifying products.
- Develop extensive knowledge of infiltration and geotechnical concepts.
- Establish self as an expert in the subject of infiltration, stormwater quality, drywells, and detention.
- Become involved with professional organizations like ASCE, BIA, CASQA, etc.
- Continuously maintain Salesforce projects, accounts, contacts, and activities.
- Analytical Thinking
- Learning Agility
- Information Seeking
- Organizational Savvy
- Quality Focus
- Excellent Communication
- Planning and Priority Setting
- Relationship Building
- Influence and Persuasion
- Business Acumen
- 5+ years of progressive experience in civil engineering, construction, or related field
- Ability to review and understand civil construction drawings
- Strong understanding of stormwater regulatory environment
- Teachable, enthusiastic, assertive, and technically inclined
- Highly motivated to achieve personal and team success
- Strong communicator (internally and externally)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Organized individual with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage many, complex projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver's license
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of technical sales experience
- CA Professional Civil Engineering License
- Marketing or Business Development experience
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Experience with AutoCAD / Civil3D
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .