New Haven, CT
Hardesty & Hanover is currently growing our design services and client base to support client and project needs in the Roadway/Transportation focus areas. In existence for over 130, our firm years is renowned for its client relationships and close-knit employee-based culture with the ability to offer opportunities for professional development and leadership. We offer the opportunity to collaborate with both seasoned and new engineers, the best and the brightest, on both innovative and complex projects within our industry.
We are seeking a team-focused, dynamic, innovative, results-oriented self-starter to be on the ground floor in developing, expanding, and leading the Transportation Design Group in Connecticut. The Roadway Transportation Engineer should have a minimum of 10 years of design experience and demonstrate the ability to lead and manage small design groups. Responsibilities will include expanding our client base in the Transportation field through existing and new client relationships along with developing and executing marketing and long-term strategic planning objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend client project meetings, participate in proposals/presentations, manage project tasks, and meet with regulatory agencies
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with other members of the design team. Manage, train and mentor less experienced engineers in the production of plans, specifications, and estimates. Participate in the identification and selection of additional transportation design group members
- Produce roadway/transportation related designs required for new or planned rehabilitation roadway projects
- Able to develop general site engineering designs including drainage and grading, site work elements, lighting, and green infrastructure
- Perform Project Engineering responsibilities related to project communication, schedule, budget, and progress on various concurrent tasks
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) or Bachelor of Science (BS) with a concentration on Civil Engineering -Transportation oriented
- 10 years of relevant local roadway planning & design, highway/interchange, corridor studies, drainage, and miscellaneous intersectional, safety, and ADA compliant design experience
- Must be a Professional Engineer (PE) with registration in Connecticut or the ability to become registered in Connecticut. Experience with CTDOT and experience working with CT municipalities including cities, towns, and regional planning organizations is preferred
- Knowledge of local municipality standards for design and drainage and CT Green Infrastructure experience a plus
- Must be detail and goal-oriented, self-starter, and proficient in both verbal and written communications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
We offer a professional work environment, competitive salary, benefits package and 401(k).