This job is located in Waverly.
Join Our Team: Put the CARE back in CAREER - Join our team today! Overview:
Caring for our community is what we do! R-CNA (restorative certified nurses assistant) team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing direct nursing and personal care support. This position is responsible for assisting residents with all aspects of Daily Living Activities ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. Additional Training will be provided for this position emphasizing skills to assist residents in maximizing mobility and function. They are under the direction of a licensed nurse. State specific certification is required.
Employee Perks!: Consistent work and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance, Free Hot and Iced Coffee, Free Uniforms, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care Responsibilities:
- Consistently demonstrates Elderwood's Core Values.
- Responsible for responding immediately to resident requests.
- Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care, individual needs, and care preferences.
- Assist in providing appropriate mental stimulation and validation therapy for residents, unless contraindicated.
- Notify Restorative Team Leader / Nurse Coordinator, Unit Manager or Nursing (RN/LPN) of changes in residents' conditions or needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff, or Administrator.
- Minimum 17 years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 17 years of age
- Registration in the New York State RHCF Nurse Aide Registry required. Active on the New York State RHCF Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and misappropriation of property.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.