Chat with a Recruiter!
Administer treatment and perform Respiratory Therapy modalities throughout multiple healthcare settings. This includes the Intensive care unit and Emergency room. To be knowledgeable and competent using mechanical ventilation and artificial airway. Take charge responsibility and act as the Physicians assistant for intubation. To assist during Cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Treat and manage mechanical ventilated patients of all age groups. Demonstrate knowledge or principles of growth and development. Work as a team player. Must prioritize job duties in a safe and timely manner. May be required to work Holidays, weekends, or shifts other than normally scheduled hour's, as necessary.
Education, License, & Cert
An Associate's Degree in Applied Science in Respiratory Care (Therapy) Must possess a current License to practice as a Certified Respiratory Therapist or Registered Respiratory Therapist IN New York State recognized by the National Board of Respiratory Care
2 years prior experience performing duties specifically in a critical care setting is required. Making rapid clinically sound decisions independently, efficiently, and effectively. Compliant in Ethical and legal standards of care. Registered Respiratory Therapist preferred. Certified Respiratory Therapist (must obtain Registry within 6 Months of hire) Maintains professionalism within the organizations internal and external customers.
1. Ability to multitask and prioritize work in accordance with change in patient acuity. Including patient workload. Always Demonstrating respect and professionalism.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and competence in the following areas commonly encountered in the care of patients with respiratory disease entities.
3. Thoroughly reviews the Medical Record to obtain pertinent clinical information. Evaluates data, assesses patient objectively and subjectively and recommends diagnostic testing and therapies appropriately.
4. Implements and/or administers all prescribed testing, therapies and/or protocols appropriately in compliance with established standards, while ensuring all pertinent patient/family education has been provided.
5. Determines appropriateness of and participates in recommending modifications to respiratory care treatment plans through dialogue and discussion with other healthcare providers, to include physicians.
6. Consistently provides accurate, thorough documentation in the Medical Record as identified per departmental, organizational, and regulatory agency requirements. 7. Demonstrates knowledge and competence in the following areas relative to Respiratory Care.
8. Attend department meetings and actively engage. 9. Maintain yearly competencies both Departmental and legal.
10. Collaborates with the Respiratory team, Physicians, and Nursing to provide the best patient care.
1. Clean, maintain and document all Respiratory Equipment.
2. Participation in employee skills labs or competencies are mandatory.
3. Annual Physical and fit testing required.
4. Email daily RT equipment update.
5. NRP (within 6 Months of Hire)
6. S.T.A.B.L.E. (Within 1 year of Hire)
7. ACLS Current
8. Supports Corning Hospital's Customer Service initiatives.
9. Utilizes time to departments and organizations best advantage: a) Consistently maximizes productivity and efficiency in the day-to-day performance of job responsibilities. b) Consistently strives to meet assigned deadlines. c) Consistently exhibits initiative in and accepts personal responsibility for performance of job requirements; regularly assists co-workers, as necessary. d) Consistently demonstrates sound judgment, the ability to assess situations, prioritize, consider alternatives, and select appropriate course of action; consults appropriate established resources, as necessary.
10. Fully supports and utilizes the organization's Performance Improvement process: a) Participates in established activities as assigned. b) Identifies opportunities for improvement. c) Assists in working towards resolution.
11. Exhibit's sound work ethic regarding the following: a) Consistently reports to work at start of scheduled shift and returns promptly after assigned break. b) Consistently remains until the end of scheduled shift as necessary to ensure quality patient care is provided. c) Exhibits willingness to modify scheduled work hours, as necessary.
12. It is understood that this description is not intended to be all-inclusive and that other duties may be assigned as necessary in the performance of this position.
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of Guthrie, you'll find staff members who have committed themselves to serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.