Shamrock Trading Corporation is the parent company for a family of brands in transportation services, finance and technology. Headquartered in Overland Park, KS, Shamrock has consistently been named Best Places to Work by theKansas City Business Journal.
We also have offices in Chicago, Dallas, Laredo, Midland, Nashville, Atlanta,Fort Lauderdale, and Phoenix.
With an average annual revenue growth of 25% since 1986, Shamrocks success is attributed to three key factors: hiring the best people, cultivating long-term relationships with our customers and continually evolving in the marketplace.
Shamrock Trading Corporation is looking for a Software Developer to join the IT team. An ideal candidate will be a technical expert with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for customer success.
- Work with customers to overcome technical obstacles, answering questions and proposing solutions
- Validate partner recommendations and solutions to ensure the right partners are engaged with customers
- Understand customer needs to help shape company long-term product strategy
- Package solutions into a published portfolio of best practices for use by partners and customers
- Research and test solutions, including authoring sample code, to solve customer technical obstacles
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience architecting, developing or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong customer-facing communication and listening skills
- Mobile development experience a plus
- Preferred but not required qualifications include:
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform, Gradle)
- Experience with build and deployment automation and continuous integration systems (such as Jenkins)
- Hands-on experience planning and deploying products like Relational DBs, MongoDB,GraphDB
- Working knowledge of cloud computing, including virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks
- Familiarity withAWS Gateway, Lambda, S3, EC2, Serverless, IAM and other AWS technologies
- Proven success working directly with customer technical teams
- Work Location-Fully Remote - must reside in one of the following states: KS, MO, TX, TN, IL, GA, MN, IA, FL, WA
At Shamrock we hire bright, ambitious people and give them the tools they need to be successful. By investing in training and development, we hope to become a long-term career for employees, where there are always opportunities for advancement.Shamrock also offers a premier set of benefits for employees and their families:
- Medical : Fully-paid healthcare, dental and vision premiums for employees and eligible dependents
- Work-Life Balance : Competitive PTO and paid leave policies; hybrid work from homeopportunities after 90 days of employment
- Financial : Generous company 401(k) contributions and employee stock ownership after one year
- Wellness : Onsite gym, jogging trail and discounted membership to nearby fitness center