All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- $10,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS to qualified candidates
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth Central Texas is about being part of something bigger. It s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time - Nights
Location: 2201 S. Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
The community you ll be caring for:
- Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas provides care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
- Both AdventHealth Central Texas is committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies, and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
- As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
The role you ll contribute:
AdventHealth System Registered Nurse (RN) fulfills an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As a full partner of the healthcare team, AdventHealth System RN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient s plan-of-care. The RN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The RN continues to monitor and assess the patient s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction. Position requires experience in a specialty area of obstetrical clinical nursing activities in the areas of OB, Post-partum/Couplet Care, Antepartum, OB Operating Room, level one nursery and providing technical nursing support to nursing staff to ensure patient assessments are skilled and comprehensive care to patients.
The value you ll bring to the team:
- Assists with the care of the newborn at deliveries. Maintains skills in neonatal resuscitation.
- Demonstrates assessment skills in both high risk and low risk obstetrical patients. Recognition of maternal and/or newborn problems are identified and reported to the physician.
- Assists with the transfer of newborn to another facility when indicated. Notifies charge nurse and House Supervisor of anticipated transfer.
- Notifies all surgical team members of emergency and scheduled surgical procedures.
- Accurately identifies and bands newborn, mother and significant others with matching identification bands. Documents band identification number appropriately in medical record.
- Demonstrates knowledge and provides support to natural mother, agencies, and foster or adoptive parents when newborn is for adoption.
The expertise and experiences you ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor s Degree preferred. Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
- BLS required and /or specialty certification (NRP, ACLS) in the area of expertise required within first 90 days of employment.
- Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN License from a NCLA Compact State
- NRP certification (90 days from start date to obtain)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.