About MedStar Health
New to Specialty Orthopedic Operating Room Nurse
- Open to RNs with 1 year of experience.
- 6-9 month orientation, typically Monday - Friday for 8 hours shifts.
- Once you complete your orientation, you will work a more regular four 9 or four 10-hour OR schedule.
What's in it for me?
- Generous benefit plans which start the 1 st of the month following start date
- Free parking for associates at all 4 Baltimore hospitals
- System-wide RN referral bonus program - up to $6000 per RN
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
- Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations
- It's how we treat people: organization is truly committed to employee and nurse wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
- High Reliability Organization (HRO) culture:
- Performs mostly orthopedic surgeries and only general emergency cases
- Known as a center of excellence in orthopedics in the Baltimore area
- We have Service Line Coordinators for specialties such as hand and wrist, knee and hip, foot and ankle and so on. They can also be in the numbers.
- We have our own Perioperative Educator.
- Education/Training:Valid RN license in the State of Maryland
- Experience:1year RN experience
- License/Certification/Registration:CPR certification. ACLS preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Demonstrated ability to precept. Demonstrated high level of clinical competence. Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication. Basic math skills. Basic computer skill preferred.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.