Specialty Unit Options:
- General Medicine, 4Bles
- General Medicine/Telemetry, 5Bles
- Solid Organ Transplant, 6Bles
- General Surgery and ENT, 7Bles
- Surgical Specialties/Orthopedics & Limb Salvage, 6Main
- Neuroscience Medical Surgical Unit, C5-2
- Spine Surgery/Epilepsy Unit, C5-3
- Clinical Decision Unit 7East (full-time day shift positions available)
Professional care provider who assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients from admission through discharge. In collaboration with the patient and family, provides theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with various members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Competitive salaries plus differentials
- 20 Days of Paid Time Off per year plus personal time/holidays
- Relocation reimbursement
- Generous Total Rewards Benefits Package
- Matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Specialized training opportunities with one-on-one preceptorship
- Nationally renowned Associate Wellbeing Program
- Education and Training: BSN preferred. Associate Degree from an accredited School of Nursing required; Bachelor's degree enrollment required within 6 months of start date and completion within 3 years.
- Licensure and Certification: Current license as a Registered Nurse in Washington, D.C. BLS certification required by completion of introductory period.
About MedStar Georgetown University Hospital: About MedStar Health
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis-caring for the whole person-MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.