Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family
Serving America's military family by aligning exceptional healthcare workers with rewarding career opportunities.
URGENT: Matrix Providers is hiring for a qualified Registered Nurse - Case Manager to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Andrews AFB, in MD.
Status: Full time
Schedule: Monday through Friday estimated at 7 am to 4 pm (may vary)
Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
The Registered Nurse - Case Manager must have the following qualifications:
- Shall be a graduate of an associate (ADN) or baccalaureate degree (BSN) program in
nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support:
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLCS) by the American Heart Association and certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified Case Manager by Commission for Case Management (CCM) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) -OR- certification eligible with 3 years of experience for ADN or 2 years' experience for BSN in full-time clinical case management with children, families, seniors, or groups.
- A minimum of 3 years for ADN or 2 years for BSN full-time experience in clinical case management working with adults, children, families, seniors and groups.
- Must have the knowledge and skills to effectively apply the following core case management functions: a) Assessment: Identification of patients for case management; a comprehensive collection of patient information and medical status; and continued evaluation of an established plan of care; b) Planning: Collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider, and other members of the health care team for developing an effective plan of care; c) Facilitation: Care coordination and communication among all involved parties; d) Advocacy: Support for the patient and family/caregivers to ensure identified education and appropriate, timely care is received.
- Must be knowledgeable in medical privacy and confidentiality (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA]); accreditation standards of Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and The Joint Commission (TJC); and computer applications/software to include Microsoft Office programs, MS Outlook (e-mail), and internet familiarity is required.
- Must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or
mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous.
- Must possess organization, problem-solving, and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/caregivers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way.
- Maintain an active, valid, current, and unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a registered nurse in any US states
Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United States, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States.
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.