Regional Air Logistics Warehouse and Operations Manager Jersey City, NJ req91167
Thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most successful international logistics organizations here at Kuehne+Nagel. Our New Jersey branch is looking for a new Regional Warehouse Handling and Operations Manager to join our Air Logistics team.YOUR ROLE
Evaluate and link warehouse and gateway processes and communications to other teams in the organization, to drive continuous changes, improvements, efficiencies, and automation. Drive, plan and implement changes specifically related to warehouse operations. Collaborate and work with NAM resources, projects, tools, monitoring, reporting and visibility. Work collaboratively to enhance solutions and identify potential new solutions YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Evaluate warehouse and gateway processes, communication and interactions with other teams in the organization, such as CCL, OCC, RCC and GSC, in alignment with AIR 2.0 requirements.
- Identify, understand and develop process and communication needs, as well as best practices.
- Present findings and recommendations to NAM operations and process management for alignment and decision on the final solutions design.
- Develop Implementation plans and project manage the implementation by initiating meetings, trainings, action trackers, support and escalations, and monitoring and reporting project updates.
- Closely work with countries, area's and branches to enable them to realize assigned goals.
- Many aspects of optimization involve different stakeholders, utilize the network through (but not limited to) regional and area process and systems managers, gateway and SAL warehouse managers, trainers, and others, to facilitate changes and adherence.
- Closely collaborate with SAL managers as it relates to warehouse processes, workflows and regulatory requirements as well as systems managers for interactions between various operating systems, and to drive future demands and enhancement requests.
- Develop standard and new KPI metrics and reports, continue to drive improvements, constantly evaluate existing processes for their applicability, adjust where needed.
- Where possible facilitate to drive tasks and processes into the GSC in Costa Rica as they pertain to warehouse and gateway operations.
- Monitor adherence for implemented processes and tasks and address any areas of improvement.
- Develop working instructions and process maps to clearly outline interactions and responsibilities between warehouse, gateway and 2.0 teams.
- Make recommendations for improving warehouse processes for more efficient and automated interactions with branches going forward, initiate and implement these.
- Future warehouse operations topics may be assigned.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
- High degree of processes evaluation skills and of Kuehne+Nagel core systems skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and communicative skills.
- At least 2 years high performance in Air Logistics.
- Knowledgeable of air freight warehouse operations and import/export regulations.
- Must be able to manage resources through influence, leadership and trust.
- Have a strong sense of self-discipline and persistence, as well as patience.
- Initiate and pro-actively look for solutions and improvements.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at multiple stages at the same time, be proficient in English.
- Willing to travel frequently
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.Kuehne+Nagel's general working model is four (4) days office and one (1) day remote. However, some positions may offer a different hybrid model depending on the job location, function, etc. The working schedule specific details will be discussed in your job interview. Kuehne+Nagel reserves the right to change or adjust the working model policy.ABOUT KUEHNE+NAGEL
With over 78000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.CONTACT
US Talent Acquisition