The Quality Assurance Team Lead provides supervision, technical assistance and scheduling to quality assurance technicians and associates. As a quality assurance professional, he or she is involved in all aspects of quality and safety including but not limited to audits, HACCP program evaluation, GMP training, sanitation evaluation, pest control, purchasing supplies, working with operations personnel on quality and safety issues, inspecting returned and incoming products, customer complaints, implementing policies and procedures and evaluating new equipment installation or repair.
- Coordinates quality assurance activities (e.g., audits, training, purchasing, etc.)
- Provides technical assistance and training to QA personnel
- Monitors and verifies the HACCP plan's CCPs adhering to policy and procedure
- Conduct GMP and sanitation audits of operations and warehouse areas
- Works with operations personnel on quality and safety issues
- Verifies operations control systems are functional and being followed
- Places product on hold, release or disposition as necessary while adhering to policy and procedure
- Evaluates damaged products
- Coordinates resolution of customer complaints as necessary
- Ensures SPC Management practices are followed
- Completes analytical reviews of product
- Other duties as assigned
- BS Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or other related degree required. Education may be substituted for years of experience
- 3-5 years related experience required preferably in the food industry
- Complete understanding of Food Safety Guidelines/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safe practices and procedures
- Complete understanding of HACCP Plans
- Understanding of government regulations (FDA, USDA)
- Familiar with Fundamentals of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Large organization/corporate experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to read measurements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit .
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.