The Quality Assurance Engineer II is responsible for supporting validation of new or modified data, reports, and the user-interface of products built with various technologies. The Quality Assurance Engineer II will collaborate with developers and business partners while providing testing support throughout the entire development life cycle, in order to deliver high quality products to our customers.
Recently named one of Deloittes fastest growing technology companies, Altruista Health is a leading provider of patient-centric and customizable care management solutions for health plans and providers throughout the United States. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, were building solutions that positively impact peoples lives. Your impact:
What you bring:
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability
- Ensure consistency and integration
- Communicate with stakeholders to prioritize test coverage and projects, that align with the business needs of the company
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department
- Work closely and proactively with Software, Subject Matter Experts and Product Development teams to determine the best way to increase the quality of the product
- Develop expertise with Altruista Healths internal applications and business intelligence processes
- Develop and report performance metrics for applications
- Conduct manual and automated testing of new applications and new features added to applications
- Improve the test ability of our applications and initiate discussions on integrating testing from the beginning
- Other duties as assigned
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers. Geographic Responsibility:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of automation solutions, security tools and change management
- Experience testing and supporting the implementation and continued maintenance of SaaS applications
- Ability to understand complex systems architecture to understand how QA fits in to the big picture
- Understanding of SDLC best practices, tools, and processes Experience with web testing
- Ability to design, plan, build and execute test processes based on loosely defined business requirements
While Altruista is located in Reston, VA you may live anywhere in the U.S. Type of Employment:
Full-time, permanent Travel%:
0 FLSA Classification (USA Only):
Exempt Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check. HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
HealthEdge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.