The Engineering team at Shift is a small team that operates in two week scrums that include regularly scheduled sprint planning meetings, feature requirements walkthroughs, and sprint retros. This engineer will be exposed to the process of breaking down epics and features into manageable and pointed tasks. What you will do
Manual Feature Testing
- Review tickets and understand all acceptance criteria and engineering testing criteria
- Work with Product and Stakeholders to resolve any discrepancies or lack of clarity in testing criteria
- Become familiar with the entirety of all Shift products in order to test thoroughly
What We're Looking For
- Identify and implement tests for important edge cases
- Deepen understanding of testing best practices, refactoring legacy typescript code to be testable
- Ability to analyze bugs and errors found during tests
Who You Are
- Comfortable with React & Node
- Hands-on experience with both manual and automated testing
- Ability to come up with test scenarios to cover feature functionality requirements
- Someone with exceptional attention to detail and patience for testing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with supervision
- Experience with Figma and working with design
Shift is a career advancement company where current and former members of the US Military discover careers, acquire and demonstrate new skills, and embark upon new job experiences at the best companies in the world. Through programming, coaching, and community we help military talent prepare for the next move in their career so that they are job and interview ready for our hiring partners on the other side. We are proud to be backed by powerful investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners, and Tim Ferriss.
Our product is an early stage, 2-sided marketplace giving member users access to career development and job opportunities, with hiring partners looking for veteran talent on the other side. Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k with a match, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.