Join Our Team: Make a difference in the lives of others. Join our team today! Overview:
Physical Therapy Assistant team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. This position is responsible for administering skilled physical therapy treatments as developed and recommended by a Registered Physical Therapist, ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
THIS IS A FT PTA POSITION. WEEKDAYS, SOME WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
- Assist the Physical Therapist in planning, developing and carrying out treatment programs and procedures for residents.
- Writes observations of resident's behavior and progress in Progress Notes.
- Maintains statistical records and other departmental reports as requested by Physical Therapist.
- Assist with in-service training programs upon request.
- Assist with keeping supplies in good order and daily sanitation of equipment.
- Arrives to work on time, regularly, and working as scheduled; responsible for own transportation.
- Utilizes electronic timekeeping system.
- Observes and practices confidentiality of resident information and privacy when performing job duties.
- Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
- Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this position, and for all staff members of this facility.
Base wages increase with experience!
Base salary starting at (note: salary increases with experience):: USD $19.00/Hr. Qualifications:
Graduation from a physical therapy assistant approved program required.
New York State license to practice required.
Interest in physical therapy treatments for the geriatric and sub acute population utilizing a team approach.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.