At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by our team members.Summary
Performing production tasks while maintaining a high production pace in all areas of production.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence, and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Inspect product for quality, grade, and sort by size.
- Pack product.
- Proper methods in all production areas.
- Maintain proper par levels as instructed.
- Communicate supply material levels.
- Maintain plant safety.
- Maintain and proper use of production equipment.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide backup support for other duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required
- Experience with utilizing food processing equipment, sanitation, food safety, and the safe operation of forklifts and powered pallet jacks.
- Experience with radio frequencyhandheld scanners and quality control.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage, you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life, and short-term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit-sharing match.
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, including paid sick and vacation.
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members.
- Product purchase program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)