- Help set up and prepare press by having trolleys, ink and coating ready.
- Keep supplies stocked for the next shift
- Observe press while it's running to make sure inks are full, viscosity is right, coatings are mixed and paper hung.
- Eventually learn to operate machine to meet production requirements
- Inspect the quality and correct any defects
- Troubleshoot equipment and production issues
- Follow documentation procedures and ensure paperwork is complete
- Provide daily and weekly maintenance
- Keep general work area and equipment clean
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- Follow all safety rules
- Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained by:
- Understanding and supporting both quality policies and the Quality System.
- Performing work at a level that ensures quality of this position's work meets or exceeds internal specifications.
- Identifying and correcting if possible any identified quality issues in the department.
- Participating in system or quality based training provided by the company or recommended by the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Occasionally, the employee is required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; vibration; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and extreme heat. Occasionally, the employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.