Your role as Principal of Software Engineering is to work with architecture and engineering teams to produce high-quality technology solutions. You will have the autonomy to lead, design and develop innovative solutions to some of the most challenging technical issues. As Principal, you will serve as a peer-leader tasked with pursuing cutting-edge initiatives and solutions. The breadth of Citizens operations ensures a diversity of projects as the bank pivots towards innovation and customer experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading in an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Collaborating and contributing insights to solution design, ensuring success of the product and adherence to enterprise architecture principles.
- Designing, modifying, developing and implementing software solutions. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals.
- Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Employing industry best practices to evaluate, correct and prevent vulnerabilities during the software development process.
- Serving as a peer-leader, encouraging a culture of innovation and accountability while adhering to Agile best practices.
- 7+ years of hands-on, full-stack software development, with proven experience in developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor software engineers
- 5+ years experience in querying, analyzing and managing big data
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Bash and Linux experience
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect
- Thorough understanding of data structures such as linked lists, hashmaps, graphs etc.
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- Understanding of banking systems and consumer banking operations
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch and NoSQL data stores.
- Big data experience with technologies like Hadoop and Spark.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline required
- Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.