Data Analyst - Power BI are professionals that are responsible for designing, developing, and deploying business analytics dashboards using Microsoft BI technologies such as SQL, Power BI, etc. They are responsible for the development and administration of BI tools. They convert raw data into meaningful analysis with the help of interactive, easy to understand dashboards and reports. Key Job Responsibilities
- Create and develop dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI
- Create and develop high quality dashboards and interactive visual reports with Power BI
- Provide responsive, effective, accurate and timely data and insights using multiple sources
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and ensure that specific analytical processes are accessible and can be replicated.
- Collect and combine data from various sources to ensure efficient and useable data analysis that can utilized by other users
- Create customized visualizations and metrics that meet the needs of program requirements and are delivered in timely manner.
- Develop and maintain customer and stakeholder relationships through effective communication and issues management to ensure program deliverables are met.
- Able to convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide the timeline to accomplish tasks.
- Design, develop, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform efficient detailed analysis.
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI.
- Create charts and document data with algorithms, parameters, models, and relations explanations.
- Conduct data warehouse development.
- Perform SQL querying for best results.
- Define and design new systems by analyzing current ETL processes.
- Make technical changes to existing BI systems to enhance their working.
- Maintenance of client databases including data sources, data structure, data optimization, and data organization
- Updates on SQL databases with prewritten scripts or developing scripts as needed
- Interpret data utilizing words charts, graphs, and other visualizations
- Work in a team environment find and address opportunities for process enhancements
- Create and maintain documentation for data and processes
Dewpoint Core Competencies
- 5 years in data analytics, using commercial solutions such as Qlik, Tableau, Business Objects, Power BI, etc.
- 5 years working with SQL
- 1 year or more working with Power BI in a production environment
- 5 years working with commercial databases such as Oracle, DB2, and SQL Server
- 3 years working with SQL Server
- 3 years of experience data modelling.
- Experience using Power BI Cloud Service
- Experience building Power BI dashboards
- Strong customer facing communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Vision and Strategy - Participates in supporting Strategy and Vision. Aligns work efforts to them.
- Customer and Team Focus - Builds rapport with team member, other teams and customers.
- Effective Communicator - Able to communicate their ideas and decisions within a team settings verbally/written/presentation.
- Adaptability - Able to manage personal work commitments in a changing environment.
- Accountability - Owns problems, issues and outcomes involving their personal assignments and team contributions.
- Collaboration - Actively participates and supports team actions. Volunteers ideas and suggestions for improvement.
- Coach and Mentor - open to the coaching and mentoring by others - 'is coachable.'
Minimum Physical Expectations
- Successful application and understanding of the core competencies
Minimum Environmental Expectations
- Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work, and filing
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer
- Physical activity may require lifting under 25 lbs
- Physical activity that sometimes requires travel - car, train, and/or air
- Physical activity that sometimes requires bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling, and/or twisting
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face (in English) for long periods of time
- This position will require working indoors. Typical workweek is eight (8) hour workdays, five (5) days per week with some weekend work, as well as longer hours as needed.