WSP is currently initiating a search for a FullTime Pipeline Inspector II for our client in Temple Hills, MD
. Be involved in projects with our PMCM Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our clients objectives and solves their challenges.
- Inspects water and sewer main line construction projects, new water and sewer lateral connection
- installations, water and sewer lateral connection renewals, water main rehabilitation including cleaning and lining, sewer and manhole rehabilitation, paving, sod and landscaping restoration;
- Inspects pipe installation and approves materials on-site for proper quality and report defects,with the ability and authority to reject materials and workmanship;
- Makes decisions relative to the intent of the Standard Specifications or Standard Details in the absence of the Contract Manager;
- Checks for proper water and sewer tap installations;
- Conducts compaction testing of backfilled soils during and after completion of the work;
- Schedules water main shutdowns, locate and operate valves, performs chlorination samplings, and any other items necessary for the execution of contract work;
- Verifies grading and alignment of water mains, sewer lines, and appurtenances to assure the work is done within the requirements of the Contract;
- Performs visual sewer main and manhole final inspections, oversees sewer air and mandrel testing, televising of sewer lateral connections, hydrostatic water main testing, and prepares reports of findings;
- Prepares final house connection and field as-builts for each job completed;
- Review and maintain As-Built information throughout the construction period
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSPs Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are Required Qualifications
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant post education experience in discipline with prior construction inspection experience inspection and/or installation of underground water and sewer new and/or rehabilitative pipeline construction. Experience should include any combination of water/sewer construction, sewer main lining, sewer manholelining, replacement by excavation and pipe bursting
- Experience inspecting at least four (4) water/sewer contracts within the last five (5) years.
- Possession of at least one of the following certifications: NASSCO (PACP, MACP, LACP), ITCP or Maryland Rural Water Operators License
- Valid state drivers license.
- Highly familiar with construction inspection principles, field inspection practices, process, methods and techniques.
- Highly familiar with relevant construction codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Sound self-leadership with attention to detail, accuracy, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, and comply with company policies.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Analytical mindset to exercise sound judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, technology, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Ability to provide input and feedback to others in the field such as subcontractors and work colleagues to consistently complete tasks safely, efficiently, and accurately according to specifications.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSPs health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Associates Degree in closely related discipline is preferred.
- Essential professional licensure/certification.