The licensed physical therapist will assess and implement a person's plan of care for physical therapy services. Through therapy services, the physical therapist will improve the person's range of motion, develop exercises and comprehensive treatment programs, monitor the person's status, modify care within a treatment plan, document care, and work collaboratively with other health professionals at Wrentham Developmental Center.
Physical Therapist Job Duties
The physical therapist will diagnose and treat patients who have health conditions that limit their ability to move and perform everyday activities. The therapist will not only help restore their physical function and mobility but will also work to promote overall wellness and boost their quality of life.
- Evaluate a person's symptoms and develop a rehabilitation plan that aligns with the patient's personal needs and goals.
- Implement physical therapy plans for designated persons while documenting service implementation and the person's response to services.
- Complete and maintain records and makes reports of all activities relating to physical therapy services.
- Assist in the training and teaching of caretakers and/or family members in appropriate body mechanics and range of motion activities.
- Monitor and, as appropriate, assist staff in range of motion programs. Additionally, monitor wheelchairs, orthotic equipment/devices, and other rehab equipment to ensure adequate inventories and to ensure all are in appropriate repair.
- Participate in team meetings regarding physical therapy services as required by other state/community entities.
- Schedule and monitors Rehabilitation Services for persons, ensuring rehabilitation evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
Physical Therapist Essential Qualifications
- Massachusetts license as a board-certified physical therapist.
- Successful background clearance, physical, drug/alcohol screening.
- Knowledge of anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics, kinesiology, neuroscience, pharmacology, cardiovascular and pulmonary systems, and other areas.
- Must communicate clearly and effectively (both written and orally) in a professional manner, with all levels of employees.
- Must possess the ability to train, mentor, and direct others in a clinically or process-oriented manner.
- Must show leadership skills, inspiring positive change in the workplace. Good customer service is vital.
Physical Therapist Preferred Qualifications
- Enhanced understanding of medical/clinical records, consents and confidentiality.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and analytical, problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks or assignments, consistently producing high quality work.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and software applications.
Who We Are
Hope is a clinical, educational, and therapeutic provider for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We exist to help individuals reach their maximum potential by providing state-of-the-art therapies, access to recreation, vocational training, and individualized education programming. Hope offers dynamic, varied programs individualized to the individual's needs. Our mission is to provide state-of-the-art services in the most inclusive environments to encourage persons to fulfill their individual potential through evidence-based treatment, advocacy, and community education.
The Wrentham Developmental Center is a historic state-run medical facility for the treatment of psychiatric and developmental disorders. Hope has partnered with Wrentham Developmental Center to provide essential habilitative services to the individuals residing at the facility. Through our services, we optimize the quality of life and care for residents while promoting residents' independence and functional ability across varied settings.
The work is done primarily at Wrentham Developmental Center. The work does not include significant usage of a motor vehicle. The work may also require exposure to low to medium amounts of noise in a long-term residential setting. On occasion, the work may require flexible hours outside of normal business hours.
- Unlimited PTO
- 14 paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance